MTV Submits 'Teen Mom' Tapes for Police Investigation
Police is moving on with the investigation of a possible domestic violence in the relationship of "Teen Mom" star Amber Portwood and her ex-fiance Gary Shirley. Back in September, MTV aired an episode where Amber threw punches and kicks at Gary when he threatened to leave and report her to Child Protective Services. The unedited tape is now requested for investigation.
Court papers were served to a lawyer representing the channel. The police asked for raw footage of any physical violence or potentially violent encounters between the young couple. They also require any footage of Amber talking about the assault, be it aired or unaired.
MTV has since cooperated with the police and handed out the tapes. "They normally have 30 days to respond and they already have the tapes with their attorney. They have helped us along in letting us know what was available," a spokesperson for the police department said to Radar Online. "MTV sent all the material ahead of time and once the subpoena was issued they said we could have access to the records."
Amber and Gary have one daughter together named Leah Leann Shirley who was there when her parents fought. They got engaged for a while before breaking up and continuing a rocky relationship. Few weeks after police went into investigation, Amber's father Shawn Portwood said that his daughter and Gary were going through couple counseling and were doing "fine".
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood