Vanessa Hudgens, The Rock Pictured Filming 'Journey 2: The Mysterious Island'
The principal photography of "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" has been kicked off in late October and now new pictures from the set have been found. Lead stars Vanessa Hudgens, Josh Hutcherson, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Luiz Guzman were seen involved during the filming on Tuesday, November 9.
Taking place at a sandy beach in Hawaii, the production had Hudgens taping her running scene. The 21-year-old beauty seemingly enjoyed the warm weather as she was spotted lying under the sun in between takes. Hutcherson and Johnson, meanwhile, shared a frame for a scene set near some rocks.
In this "Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D" sequel, Hutcherson reprises his role as Sean who this time will force his mother's boyfriend, portrayed by Johnson, to join him on a trip to a mythical and monstrous island to find his missing grandfather, portrayed by Michael Caine. Hudgens portrays a Pacific Islander who gets swept into the adventure and end up falling for Sean.
Brad Peyton is serving behind the lens of the action fantasy film which is loosely based on Jules Verne's "The Mysterious Island". After wrapping the filming in Hawaii, the cast and crew will next move to Wilmington, North Carolina, to finish shooting after the holiday hiatus. "Journey 2" is shot in 3-D like its predecessor and is projected for fall 2011 release.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance