Vanessa Hudgens, The Rock Pictured Filming 'Journey 2: The Mysterious Island'
The principal photography of "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" has been kicked off in late October and now new pictures from the set have been found. Lead stars Vanessa Hudgens, Josh Hutcherson, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Luiz Guzman were seen involved during the filming on Tuesday, November 9.
Taking place at a sandy beach in Hawaii, the production had Hudgens taping her running scene. The 21-year-old beauty seemingly enjoyed the warm weather as she was spotted lying under the sun in between takes. Hutcherson and Johnson, meanwhile, shared a frame for a scene set near some rocks.
In this "Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D" sequel, Hutcherson reprises his role as Sean who this time will force his mother's boyfriend, portrayed by Johnson, to join him on a trip to a mythical and monstrous island to find his missing grandfather, portrayed by Michael Caine. Hudgens portrays a Pacific Islander who gets swept into the adventure and end up falling for Sean.
Brad Peyton is serving behind the lens of the action fantasy film which is loosely based on Jules Verne's "The Mysterious Island". After wrapping the filming in Hawaii, the cast and crew will next move to Wilmington, North Carolina, to finish shooting after the holiday hiatus. "Journey 2" is shot in 3-D like its predecessor and is projected for fall 2011 release.
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman