2010 CMA Awards: Miranda Lambert Wins Album of the Year
Hot on the heel of their loss in Song of the Year to Miranda Lambert, Zac Brown Band got their revenge when they were called to the stage to collect New Artist of the Year prize. They topped Luke Bryan, Easton Corbin, Jerrod Niemann and Chris Young.
The award was presented to Zac Brown and his gang by last year's winner Darius Rucker. The band made a point to thank parents, country radio and those who have supported them for their first ever CMA win. They followed their acceptance speech with a live performance with Alan Jackson, singing "As She's Walking Away".
After performances from Taylor Swift and Sugarland, Sara Evans came onto the stage with two New Artist of the Year nominees on her sides Young and Corbin. They read the winner of Vocal Group of the Year and called Lady Antebellum to collect the trophy.
"This has been the most incredible year of our lives," Charles Kelley said during the acceptance speech. Hillary Scott added, "Like Charles said, this year has been unbelievable, and I can't imagine two better people, more fun, to enjoy the ride with." Dave Haywood thanked their fans and saluted the other nominees, Little Big Town, Rascal Flatts, The Band Perry and Zac Brown Band. He stated, "We love you all and it's an honor to be in the category with you."
Like Antebellum who continued to add trophy to their collection, Lambert also once again snagged an award. She was announced by Little Big Town to win Album of the Year. " 'Revolution' has truly caused a revolution in my life this year," she shared to the crowd. "It's my baby. Thanks for loving it too." She beat Carrie Underwood, George Strait, Dierks Bentley and Antebellum.
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton