Channing Tatum's Epic Movie 'The Eagle' Gets First Trailer
Focus Features has debuted the first trailer for "The Eagle" starring Channing Tatum as Marcus Aquila. Twenty years after the unexplained disappearance of the entire Ninth Legion in the mountains of Scotland, the young centurion arrives from Rome to solve the mystery and restore the reputation of his father, the commander of the Ninth.
Accompanied only by his British slave Esca, Marcus sets out across Hadrian's Wall into the uncharted highlands of Caledonia - to confront its savage tribes, make peace with his father's memory, and retrieve the lost legion's golden emblem, the Eagle of the Ninth. The story is set in the dangerous world of second-century Britain.
Jamie Bell takes the role of Esca with Mark Strong, Donald Sutherland, Denis O'Hare and many more joining the cast. "The Eagle", previously known as "The Eagle of the Ninth", is directed by Kevin Macdonald and is set to come out on February 25, 2011 in the U.S.
An official poster for the epic film has also been released, highlighting Tatum and Bell.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer