Channing Tatum's Epic Movie 'The Eagle' Gets First Trailer
Focus Features has debuted the first trailer for "The Eagle" starring Channing Tatum as Marcus Aquila. Twenty years after the unexplained disappearance of the entire Ninth Legion in the mountains of Scotland, the young centurion arrives from Rome to solve the mystery and restore the reputation of his father, the commander of the Ninth.
Accompanied only by his British slave Esca, Marcus sets out across Hadrian's Wall into the uncharted highlands of Caledonia - to confront its savage tribes, make peace with his father's memory, and retrieve the lost legion's golden emblem, the Eagle of the Ninth. The story is set in the dangerous world of second-century Britain.
Jamie Bell takes the role of Esca with Mark Strong, Donald Sutherland, Denis O'Hare and many more joining the cast. "The Eagle", previously known as "The Eagle of the Ninth", is directed by Kevin Macdonald and is set to come out on February 25, 2011 in the U.S.
An official poster for the epic film has also been released, highlighting Tatum and Bell.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?