2010 CMA Awards: Lady Antebellum and Miranda Lambert Among Early Winners
The 44th Annual Country Music Association (CMA) Awards has already been kicked off with Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood reprising their last year's duty as host duo. The first award announced at the Wednesday night, November 10 live telecast was given to Lady Antebellum.
This country music group won Single of the Year, thanks to their song "Need You Now". They beat newcomer Easton Corbin, duo Blake Shelton and Trace Adkins as well as this year's nominations dominator Miranda Lambert.
The trophy was presented by "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" host Ty Pennington who was accompanied to the stage by LeAnn Rimes. After it was handed to the band and their producer, Antebellum took the mic for an acceptance speech with Charles Kelley crediting his brother Josh for their success.
"Thank you to my brother ... for making me move to Nashville six years ago," he said. His bandmate Hillary Scott added, "We really would not be here without you." Josh Kelley came to attend the evening awards show with his actress wife Katherine Heigl.
The next was Song of the Year and it went to Lambert. She got double nominations in this category but her "House That Built Me" won over the other song "White Liar" and pushed aside Corbin's "A Little More Country Than That", Antebellum's "Need You Now" and Zac Brown Band's "Toes".
Adding to her the trophy, Lambert grabbed Music Video of the Year for the same single at the pre-telecast show. Also, Mac McAnally was named Musician of the Year, and Shelton and Adkins' "Hillbilly Bone" was Musical Event of the Year. "That's how I like to start the night," Lambert's Fiance Shelton said. "Now I can get drunk and relax."
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik