2010 CMA Awards: Lady Antebellum and Miranda Lambert Among Early Winners
The 44th Annual Country Music Association (CMA) Awards has already been kicked off with Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood reprising their last year's duty as host duo. The first award announced at the Wednesday night, November 10 live telecast was given to Lady Antebellum.
This country music group won Single of the Year, thanks to their song "Need You Now". They beat newcomer Easton Corbin, duo Blake Shelton and Trace Adkins as well as this year's nominations dominator Miranda Lambert.
The trophy was presented by "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" host Ty Pennington who was accompanied to the stage by LeAnn Rimes. After it was handed to the band and their producer, Antebellum took the mic for an acceptance speech with Charles Kelley crediting his brother Josh for their success.
"Thank you to my brother ... for making me move to Nashville six years ago," he said. His bandmate Hillary Scott added, "We really would not be here without you." Josh Kelley came to attend the evening awards show with his actress wife Katherine Heigl.
The next was Song of the Year and it went to Lambert. She got double nominations in this category but her "House That Built Me" won over the other song "White Liar" and pushed aside Corbin's "A Little More Country Than That", Antebellum's "Need You Now" and Zac Brown Band's "Toes".
Adding to her the trophy, Lambert grabbed Music Video of the Year for the same single at the pre-telecast show. Also, Mac McAnally was named Musician of the Year, and Shelton and Adkins' "Hillbilly Bone" was Musical Event of the Year. "That's how I like to start the night," Lambert's Fiance Shelton said. "Now I can get drunk and relax."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame