Channing Tatum to Be Offered Lead Role in '21 Jump Street'
Channing Tatum could make a leap to "21 Jump Street". According to new report from Deadline Hollywood, the "Dear John" actor will be soon negotiating a deal to star opposite Jonah Hill in the big screen version of famous 1980s TV series with the same title which catapulted Johnny Depp to his success.
The site learns that Sony Pictures has met with some potential leading men but Tatum and Hill's collaboration is considered the good one. "Both look youthful, which helps since the film is about undercover officers who infiltrate schools to fight crime," Deadline further says.
HitFix later affirms the story, claiming that they have read the script which mentions Tatum and Hill will play Jenko and Schmidt respectively. In the opening draft, "the two of them are working undercover together and get called out by the drug dealers they're trying to bust for being too young. They're miserable because of how youthful they look, and it screws up their work. Finally, their boss gives them one last chance, assigning them to the team working out of 21 Jump Street."
"21 Jump Street" is written by Jonah Hill, Joe Gazzam, Michael Bacall, Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec. Phil Lord and Chris Miller are attached to direct the movie, which may also feature Emma Stone. The movie looks forward to spring start date for March 16, 2012 U.S. release.
Channing Tatum will next be seen in "The Dilemma" and "The Eagle". He has also wrapped "Son of No One" in which he stars opposite Katie Holmes, as well as "The Vow" which puts him and Rachel McAdams as a couple. The 30-year-old actor is additionally set to reprise his "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" role in the sequel.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars