Channing Tatum to Be Offered Lead Role in '21 Jump Street'
Channing Tatum could make a leap to "21 Jump Street". According to new report from Deadline Hollywood, the "Dear John" actor will be soon negotiating a deal to star opposite Jonah Hill in the big screen version of famous 1980s TV series with the same title which catapulted Johnny Depp to his success.
The site learns that Sony Pictures has met with some potential leading men but Tatum and Hill's collaboration is considered the good one. "Both look youthful, which helps since the film is about undercover officers who infiltrate schools to fight crime," Deadline further says.
HitFix later affirms the story, claiming that they have read the script which mentions Tatum and Hill will play Jenko and Schmidt respectively. In the opening draft, "the two of them are working undercover together and get called out by the drug dealers they're trying to bust for being too young. They're miserable because of how youthful they look, and it screws up their work. Finally, their boss gives them one last chance, assigning them to the team working out of 21 Jump Street."
"21 Jump Street" is written by Jonah Hill, Joe Gazzam, Michael Bacall, Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec. Phil Lord and Chris Miller are attached to direct the movie, which may also feature Emma Stone. The movie looks forward to spring start date for March 16, 2012 U.S. release.
Channing Tatum will next be seen in "The Dilemma" and "The Eagle". He has also wrapped "Son of No One" in which he stars opposite Katie Holmes, as well as "The Vow" which puts him and Rachel McAdams as a couple. The 30-year-old actor is additionally set to reprise his "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" role in the sequel.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift