'Wheel of Fortune' Winner Explains How She Solved With Only One Letter
Fashion editor Caitlin Burke became a viral sensation soon after her "Wheel of Fortune" moment was clipped and uploaded on YouTube. The 26-year-old solved a 27-letter phrase with the help of only one letter, stunning not only the show's host but American audience overall.
Pat Sajak went for a slight pause when Caitlin told him that she wanted to solve the puzzle after she asked for an "L" and it was revealed in the middle of the phrase. She guessed "I've Got a Good Feeling About This" correctly and with it, she won a Caribbean vacation worth about $6,500. She finished the game with a total of $53,618.
Caitlin was then invited to do an interview with CBS' "Early Show" on Tuesday, November 9 morning to explain how she did that. "Just years of practice and watching," Caitlin told Harry Smith. "I don't know, you just try to instantly think of - instead of getting so caught up on the letters on the board, rather than thinking this is a phrase. Seven letters, that's a phrase. How many of those do you know that start with 'I'. I've had the time of my life."
The moment was so dumbfounding that many disbelievers thought it was rigged. But Caitlin, who had wanted to get in the show for years, insisted it was all genuine. "I guess that's flattering if people think that it's that great that it was fake," she said. "But, no. Anyone who has ever been on a game show would know, there's no way."
Indeed, Caitlin admitted that she is one big fan of the game show, saying she used to play "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel of Fortune" with her father. She was not as good as her father at the former but when it comes to the latter, she could "shine and show him". Caitlin had wanted to get on the show for years but only got a call back this year.
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'