'Wheel of Fortune' Winner Explains How She Solved With Only One Letter
Fashion editor Caitlin Burke became a viral sensation soon after her "Wheel of Fortune" moment was clipped and uploaded on YouTube. The 26-year-old solved a 27-letter phrase with the help of only one letter, stunning not only the show's host but American audience overall.
Pat Sajak went for a slight pause when Caitlin told him that she wanted to solve the puzzle after she asked for an "L" and it was revealed in the middle of the phrase. She guessed "I've Got a Good Feeling About This" correctly and with it, she won a Caribbean vacation worth about $6,500. She finished the game with a total of $53,618.
Caitlin was then invited to do an interview with CBS' "Early Show" on Tuesday, November 9 morning to explain how she did that. "Just years of practice and watching," Caitlin told Harry Smith. "I don't know, you just try to instantly think of - instead of getting so caught up on the letters on the board, rather than thinking this is a phrase. Seven letters, that's a phrase. How many of those do you know that start with 'I'. I've had the time of my life."
The moment was so dumbfounding that many disbelievers thought it was rigged. But Caitlin, who had wanted to get in the show for years, insisted it was all genuine. "I guess that's flattering if people think that it's that great that it was fake," she said. "But, no. Anyone who has ever been on a game show would know, there's no way."
Indeed, Caitlin admitted that she is one big fan of the game show, saying she used to play "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel of Fortune" with her father. She was not as good as her father at the former but when it comes to the latter, she could "shine and show him". Caitlin had wanted to get on the show for years but only got a call back this year.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video