Creator Explains Why 'Bones' Spin-Off Is Delayed
"Bones" spin-off simply has not found the right actor in the right time. The project was due to go in production later this month and the lead character was about to be introduced in an episode of "Bones" early next year but since the producers are not ready to pick the actor, the introductory episode has been delayed to spring 2011.
EW said the production of the spin-off is now to start either in February or March. During the gap, producers are going to find an actor who will portray a central character named Walter Sherman who can be found in Richard Greener's "The Locator" novels. The plan was for Walter to assist Booth and Brennan on a few cases throughout the season.
EW cited creative reason as the delay reason and this was confirmed by "Bones" creator Hart Hanson. "The original idea was to start shooting on November 23, before we went off for Christmas. But to do that we would have to start prepping tomorrow and we have yet to find the right actor. We have a few people in mind, but it's not going to happen in the next two weeks," Hanson explained to TV Addict.
"Actually, the whole idea of it being on November 23 was floated as a production idea, I didn't think it was ever going to happen and then somehow it got out that it was. So the studio is actually saying, 'No, no let's do it later in the season.' Which is great, just perfect, but there's nothing interesting to report."
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur