Creator Explains Why 'Bones' Spin-Off Is Delayed
"Bones" spin-off simply has not found the right actor in the right time. The project was due to go in production later this month and the lead character was about to be introduced in an episode of "Bones" early next year but since the producers are not ready to pick the actor, the introductory episode has been delayed to spring 2011.
EW said the production of the spin-off is now to start either in February or March. During the gap, producers are going to find an actor who will portray a central character named Walter Sherman who can be found in Richard Greener's "The Locator" novels. The plan was for Walter to assist Booth and Brennan on a few cases throughout the season.
EW cited creative reason as the delay reason and this was confirmed by "Bones" creator Hart Hanson. "The original idea was to start shooting on November 23, before we went off for Christmas. But to do that we would have to start prepping tomorrow and we have yet to find the right actor. We have a few people in mind, but it's not going to happen in the next two weeks," Hanson explained to TV Addict.
"Actually, the whole idea of it being on November 23 was floated as a production idea, I didn't think it was ever going to happen and then somehow it got out that it was. So the studio is actually saying, 'No, no let's do it later in the season.' Which is great, just perfect, but there's nothing interesting to report."
More Bones News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'