Gwyneth Paltrow and Leighton Meester Premiere 'Country Strong'
In an early promotional effort for "Country Strong", Screen Gems has held a premiere for the movie on Monday, November 8. But instead of using a big city as the venue, the event took place in Nashville, Tenneessee, at Regal Green Hills to be precise.
Gwyneth Paltrow, who shows off her singing talent in the film, took part in the special screening, showing off some skin in a black dress. Another female cast Leighton Meester also showed up, donning a one-shoulder Marc Jacobs gown. The two were joined by director/writer Shana Feste when posing on the red carpet.
Tim McGraw, who landed a role in the film, came with wife Faith Hill. Lead actor Garrett Hedlund was not spotted among the crowd, but producers Tobey Maguire and Jenno Topping spared their time supporting the event. A number of renowned singers like Martina McBride, Sara Evans, Alana Grace and Dierks Bentley were additionally seen among the guests that night.
"Country Strong" centers its story on a rising country-music songwriter who sparks with a fallen star. Together, they mount his ascent and her comeback, which leads to romantic complications involving her husband/manager and a beauty queen-turned-singer. The drama will not open wide in theaters across the nation until January 7, 2011
- New 'Jumanji' Movie Will Center on Video Game Instead of Magical Board Game
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon