Gwyneth Paltrow and Leighton Meester Premiere 'Country Strong'
In an early promotional effort for "Country Strong", Screen Gems has held a premiere for the movie on Monday, November 8. But instead of using a big city as the venue, the event took place in Nashville, Tenneessee, at Regal Green Hills to be precise.
Gwyneth Paltrow, who shows off her singing talent in the film, took part in the special screening, showing off some skin in a black dress. Another female cast Leighton Meester also showed up, donning a one-shoulder Marc Jacobs gown. The two were joined by director/writer Shana Feste when posing on the red carpet.
Tim McGraw, who landed a role in the film, came with wife Faith Hill. Lead actor Garrett Hedlund was not spotted among the crowd, but producers Tobey Maguire and Jenno Topping spared their time supporting the event. A number of renowned singers like Martina McBride, Sara Evans, Alana Grace and Dierks Bentley were additionally seen among the guests that night.
"Country Strong" centers its story on a rising country-music songwriter who sparks with a fallen star. Together, they mount his ascent and her comeback, which leads to romantic complications involving her husband/manager and a beauty queen-turned-singer. The drama will not open wide in theaters across the nation until January 7, 2011
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris