Official: 'The Walking Dead' Gets Its Season 2
Coming rather inevitable, "The Walking Dead" is given a second season. AMC is officially picking up a 13-episode order, so is Fox International Channels which distributes the series in 120 countries in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East.
The show owes it to the record-breaking premiere on October 31 when 5.3 million viewers tuned in to watch the world ravaged by the living dead. About 3.6 million of the total number came from the Adults 18-49 demographic, which is higher than any other show in the history of cable television.
"The 'Dead' has spread!" said Charlie Collier, President of AMC, in a press release. "No other cable series has ever attracted as many Adults 18-49 as 'The Walking Dead.' This reaffirms viewers' hunger for premium television on basic cable. We are so proud to be bringing back 'The Dead' again, across the globe."
"The Walking Dead" is adapted from Robert Kirkman's comic book series of the same name. The TV series version stars Andrew Lincoln as police officer Rick Grimes who woke up one day to discover that the world is not the same as when he went unconscious from bullet wound.
More The Walking Dead News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says