Official: 'The Walking Dead' Gets Its Season 2
Coming rather inevitable, "The Walking Dead" is given a second season. AMC is officially picking up a 13-episode order, so is Fox International Channels which distributes the series in 120 countries in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East.
The show owes it to the record-breaking premiere on October 31 when 5.3 million viewers tuned in to watch the world ravaged by the living dead. About 3.6 million of the total number came from the Adults 18-49 demographic, which is higher than any other show in the history of cable television.
"The 'Dead' has spread!" said Charlie Collier, President of AMC, in a press release. "No other cable series has ever attracted as many Adults 18-49 as 'The Walking Dead.' This reaffirms viewers' hunger for premium television on basic cable. We are so proud to be bringing back 'The Dead' again, across the globe."
"The Walking Dead" is adapted from Robert Kirkman's comic book series of the same name. The TV series version stars Andrew Lincoln as police officer Rick Grimes who woke up one day to discover that the world is not the same as when he went unconscious from bullet wound.
More The Walking Dead News
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'