Newly-Renewed 'Days of Our Lives' Celebrates 45th Anniversary
The cast of soap drama "Days of Our Lives" celebrate two things over the weekend. The show will reach its 45th milestone on November 8 and it is just given a guarantee to stay alive at least until September 2013.
An anniversary party was held at House of Blues in West Hollywood, California on Saturday, November 6. Alison Sweeney, Arianne Zucker and John Aniston who have stayed with the soap for more than 7 years, came to the event to mingle with the relatively new cast such as Molly Burnett, Mark Hapka and Camila Banus.
Sheri Anderson who writes for the show posted on her Facebook, "Just home from the DAYS OF OUR LIVES party at House of Blues and it was fabulous seeing so many old -- and some new -- friends." She also confirmed at the same time that "Days of Our Lives" has been renewed for another two years.
NBC is expected to announce it formally on Monday but executive producer Ken Corday whose parents helped to create the series 45 years ago, said that NBC's departing chief Jeff Zucker had congratulated him on the renewal. "This is a time of a lot of uncertainty in the soap community," Corday said in reference to the recently canceled "As the World Turns".
There's a possibility that the series would be extended further if by 2013 it is still gaining popularity.
More Days of Our Lives News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory