Newly-Renewed 'Days of Our Lives' Celebrates 45th Anniversary
The cast of soap drama "Days of Our Lives" celebrate two things over the weekend. The show will reach its 45th milestone on November 8 and it is just given a guarantee to stay alive at least until September 2013.
An anniversary party was held at House of Blues in West Hollywood, California on Saturday, November 6. Alison Sweeney, Arianne Zucker and John Aniston who have stayed with the soap for more than 7 years, came to the event to mingle with the relatively new cast such as Molly Burnett, Mark Hapka and Camila Banus.
Sheri Anderson who writes for the show posted on her Facebook, "Just home from the DAYS OF OUR LIVES party at House of Blues and it was fabulous seeing so many old -- and some new -- friends." She also confirmed at the same time that "Days of Our Lives" has been renewed for another two years.
NBC is expected to announce it formally on Monday but executive producer Ken Corday whose parents helped to create the series 45 years ago, said that NBC's departing chief Jeff Zucker had congratulated him on the renewal. "This is a time of a lot of uncertainty in the soap community," Corday said in reference to the recently canceled "As the World Turns".
There's a possibility that the series would be extended further if by 2013 it is still gaining popularity.
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!