Susan Boyle Premieres Lou Reed-Directed Video for 'Perfect Day'
Susan Boyle's "Perfect Day" music video has been unleashed. It features the British singing sensation standing by a lake during a foggy day before rainbow appears in the sky and beautiful natural setting is put on display seeing a lush forest. The clip is directed by Lou Reed reportedly in hopes to make up for his decision earlier this year which banned her from performing the song live on "America's Got Talent".
Reed told the Daily Record, "I wanted to create a beautiful and intimate piece shot in Susan's native Scotland and she quickly agreed." Boyle additionally stated, "I loved that Lou understood how much it meant to me to film in Scotland. I didn't mind how much it rained or blew a gale, I enjoyed every minute."
Of the filming itself, Boyle said, "We filmed the clip for Perfect Day in the Trussochs National Park in Scotland. Somehow, in amongst lovely weather either side of the filming, we managed to pick the worst two days to work on! There were gale force winds which blew away equipment and prevented the helicopter from taking off and it rained for all it was worth! The crew and my team froze and I was soaking wet at the end of each day. But it was worth it! The video is more like a film - with beautiful shots of the Scottish terrain and very moody skies."
"Perfect Day" is the first single from Susan Boyle's new effort "The Gift" which will be out in the U.S. on November 9. Although the album is her sophomore set, the video is her first clip. She never filmed any visuals for her debut album "I Dreamed a Dream". Regardless, it became 2009 fastest-selling album, bringing a total of 3,104,000 units in its six weeks on sale.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences