'Wanted' Director Making Extraterrestrial Film 'Apollo 18'
Timur Bekmambetov is about to launch "Apollo 18", a space-themed movie which is based on a canceled Apollo 18 moon mission. In the film, however, the mission is told taking place in secret. The "Wanted (2008)" helmer's involvement is limited to producing only as Trevor Caewood is tapped to direct.
The extraterrestrial film was sold on early Saturday morning, November 6 to The Weinstein Company, Deadline Hollywood reported. The project has been in production and is said ready to be released on March 4, 2011.
Beside "Apollo 18", Bekmambetov allegedly has another sci-fi movie. The filmmaker, who is set to direct "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" next, is said circling "an untitled secret project that's an action thriller set in deep space", though Deadline claimed he might not really commit until a script is written. Pitched by Alex Litvak and Mike Finch and developed under 20th Century Fox, the movie may start production in 2011.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says