'Wanted' Director Making Extraterrestrial Film 'Apollo 18'
Timur Bekmambetov is about to launch "Apollo 18", a space-themed movie which is based on a canceled Apollo 18 moon mission. In the film, however, the mission is told taking place in secret. The "Wanted (2008)" helmer's involvement is limited to producing only as Trevor Caewood is tapped to direct.
The extraterrestrial film was sold on early Saturday morning, November 6 to The Weinstein Company, Deadline Hollywood reported. The project has been in production and is said ready to be released on March 4, 2011.
Beside "Apollo 18", Bekmambetov allegedly has another sci-fi movie. The filmmaker, who is set to direct "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" next, is said circling "an untitled secret project that's an action thriller set in deep space", though Deadline claimed he might not really commit until a script is written. Pitched by Alex Litvak and Mike Finch and developed under 20th Century Fox, the movie may start production in 2011.
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber