'Wanted' Director Making Extraterrestrial Film 'Apollo 18'
Timur Bekmambetov is about to launch "Apollo 18", a space-themed movie which is based on a canceled Apollo 18 moon mission. In the film, however, the mission is told taking place in secret. The "Wanted (2008)" helmer's involvement is limited to producing only as Trevor Caewood is tapped to direct.
The extraterrestrial film was sold on early Saturday morning, November 6 to The Weinstein Company, Deadline Hollywood reported. The project has been in production and is said ready to be released on March 4, 2011.
Beside "Apollo 18", Bekmambetov allegedly has another sci-fi movie. The filmmaker, who is set to direct "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" next, is said circling "an untitled secret project that's an action thriller set in deep space", though Deadline claimed he might not really commit until a script is written. Pitched by Alex Litvak and Mike Finch and developed under 20th Century Fox, the movie may start production in 2011.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers