'Wanted' Director Making Extraterrestrial Film 'Apollo 18'
Timur Bekmambetov is about to launch "Apollo 18", a space-themed movie which is based on a canceled Apollo 18 moon mission. In the film, however, the mission is told taking place in secret. The "Wanted (2008)" helmer's involvement is limited to producing only as Trevor Caewood is tapped to direct.
The extraterrestrial film was sold on early Saturday morning, November 6 to The Weinstein Company, Deadline Hollywood reported. The project has been in production and is said ready to be released on March 4, 2011.
Beside "Apollo 18", Bekmambetov allegedly has another sci-fi movie. The filmmaker, who is set to direct "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" next, is said circling "an untitled secret project that's an action thriller set in deep space", though Deadline claimed he might not really commit until a script is written. Pitched by Alex Litvak and Mike Finch and developed under 20th Century Fox, the movie may start production in 2011.
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert