'Wanted' Director Making Extraterrestrial Film 'Apollo 18'
Timur Bekmambetov is about to launch "Apollo 18", a space-themed movie which is based on a canceled Apollo 18 moon mission. In the film, however, the mission is told taking place in secret. The "Wanted (2008)" helmer's involvement is limited to producing only as Trevor Caewood is tapped to direct.
The extraterrestrial film was sold on early Saturday morning, November 6 to The Weinstein Company, Deadline Hollywood reported. The project has been in production and is said ready to be released on March 4, 2011.
Beside "Apollo 18", Bekmambetov allegedly has another sci-fi movie. The filmmaker, who is set to direct "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" next, is said circling "an untitled secret project that's an action thriller set in deep space", though Deadline claimed he might not really commit until a script is written. Pitched by Alex Litvak and Mike Finch and developed under 20th Century Fox, the movie may start production in 2011.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video