'DWTS' Contestant Karina Smirnoff and Brad Penny Thinking About January Wedding
"Dancing with the Stars" professional dancer Karina Smirnoff might not win the reality TV show, but she surely has won St. Loius Cardinals pitcher Brad Penny's heart. On Saturday, November 6, Karina confirmed to People that she has been engaged to Brad since October 4.
"We kept it quiet because my family is in New York and Brad's family is in Oklahoma so we kind of wanted them to come out and celebrate and be a family first before we let the cat out of the bag," Karina disclosed at Tao Las Vegas' five-year anniversary party. Karina revealed that Brad asked her hand in marriage with 4.5 carat Asscher Cut diamond ring.
On the proposal itself, Karina described it as "a conspiracy" between Brad and her manager. "We went to this restaurant and (my manager) got on her phone and said 'this guy is killing me,' and got up and walked away, then Brad walked in and it still didn't register," Karina recalled. "He got down on one knee and he opened the box and I said, 'Thank you'. I honestly didn't expect it."
As for the wedding date, 32-year-old Karina told E! Online, "We're thinking January 7," adding that she wants "a destination wedding where everyone can go to Cabo." Karina and Brad began dating in October 2009.
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos