The Rock and John Cena Rumored as the Next Superman
The new Clark Kent could be found in form of a professional wrestling legend. Examiner recently reported that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and John Cena have been mentioned on the list of possible depicter of the superhero in the next big screen version. Though the casting sounds unlikely to happen, the rumor has not been debunked yet as of press time.
In the meantime, Joe Manganiello was also said circling the coveted role in "The Man of Steel". According to True-blood.net via Comic Book Movie, "Joe Manganiello is appearing at EyeCon this weekend, and per reports from fans at the convention, he revealed that he is in talks with Warner Bros. to play the Man of Steel in the upcoming Superman reboot."
However, the news was soon shot down by the "True Blood" actor himself as he wrote on his Twitter page on November 6, "Just to be clear... as of today, I am not 'negotiating' to play SuperMan ...but keep your fingers crossed and thanks for the wishful thinking!"
Back in October, Armie Hammer claimed he heard that the filmmakers are looking at an actor at his 35-40 to portray Clark Kent though director Zack Snyder said his movie will "focus on early days of Superman." But the helmer did not release any statement regarding the swirling reports. "The Man of Steel", which is made for Warner Bros. Pictures, is expected to arrive before the end of 2012.
The Rock and John Cena are no strangers to big screen despite their early profession. The former has starred in a number of Disney films and will next grace theaters with action flick "Faster", while the latter landed a lead role in "12 Rounds" before appearing in "Legendary".
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift