Bella Thorne Touted to Be the Next Miley Cyrus
With "Hannah Montana" coming to an end, Disney Channel is in desperate need to launch a new talent like Miley Cyrus who propelled the network to success. The Mouse House, as reported by Deadline, is investing high on 13-year-old Bella Thorne who is given her own Disney Channel Original Series called "Shake It Up".
The show debuted the pilot on Sunday, November 7. It follows Thorne's Ce Ce Jones and her best friend Zendaya Coleman's Rocky as they audition for "Shake It Up Chicago", the nation's hottest dance show. It recalls a lot of Miley's first years on "Hannah Montana" when she lived up her dream of singing and Demi Lovato on "Sonny with a Chance" where she became an aspiring actress.
Nevertheless, at such a young age, Thorne has already starred in a number of acclaimed TV series such as "Dirty Sexy Money", "My Own Worst Enemy" and the Emmy-winning show "Big Love". She has also popped up on Selena Gomez's "Wizards of Waverly Place" before becoming the new Disney darling.
Disney Channel has in fact tried the same approach with now 17-year-old Bridgit Mendler in 2009. She was touted to be the next Miley Cyrus through "Good Luck Charlie" although the show never eventually matched "Hannah Montana" in terms of popularity. Adam Bonnett, senior VP of original programming at Disney Channel said about Mendler back then, "We just fell in love with her. She has all the attributes of a Disney star."
More Bella Thorne News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending