2010 MTV EMAs: Katy Perry and Ke$ha's Performances
Katy Perry and Ke$ha, taking home one award each at MTV European Music Awards, seemed to use their performances as celebration moments. Perry switched on "Fireworks" and sang the empowering song, while Ke$ha turned up the music with "Tik Tok".
Earlier that Sunday night, MTV EMAs was opened with a performance by Shakira and Dizzee Rascal. Together, they kicked off the star-studded event with "Loca" before Rascal exited the stage and Shakira led audience to World Cup anthem "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)".
Shakira was given special Free Your Mind Award at the event for her involvement in charity efforts. She has been campaigning for education for disadvantaged children, most recently using the proceeds from "Waka Waka" to raise funds for those in need.
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger