Report: David Beckham Accepts 'SNL' Hosting Job
Words on the street are, David Beckham is offered to host "Saturday Night Live" later this season. The spot is usually reserved for comics but the soccer player impressed the variety show's producers with his comedic chop on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" sketch that he is now in their wish list.
"People often underestimate David's wry sense of humour and faultless natural timing," a source said. "But he's actually very funny and has no problem poking fun at himself. It's a huge deal for David and will make him an even bigger star Stateside than he already is."
Daily Mirror reported that the Brit has accepted the job and is slated to film the episode early next year. "His dream now is to record a cameo in Only Fools And Horses - it's his ultimate comedic fantasy," the source added.
Beckham also once appeared in a sketch for Sports Relief with James Corden.
More Saturday Night Live News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked