Report: David Beckham Accepts 'SNL' Hosting Job
Words on the street are, David Beckham is offered to host "Saturday Night Live" later this season. The spot is usually reserved for comics but the soccer player impressed the variety show's producers with his comedic chop on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" sketch that he is now in their wish list.
"People often underestimate David's wry sense of humour and faultless natural timing," a source said. "But he's actually very funny and has no problem poking fun at himself. It's a huge deal for David and will make him an even bigger star Stateside than he already is."
Daily Mirror reported that the Brit has accepted the job and is slated to film the episode early next year. "His dream now is to record a cameo in Only Fools And Horses - it's his ultimate comedic fantasy," the source added.
Beckham also once appeared in a sketch for Sports Relief with James Corden.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics