Report: David Beckham Accepts 'SNL' Hosting Job
Words on the street are, David Beckham is offered to host "Saturday Night Live" later this season. The spot is usually reserved for comics but the soccer player impressed the variety show's producers with his comedic chop on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" sketch that he is now in their wish list.
"People often underestimate David's wry sense of humour and faultless natural timing," a source said. "But he's actually very funny and has no problem poking fun at himself. It's a huge deal for David and will make him an even bigger star Stateside than he already is."
Daily Mirror reported that the Brit has accepted the job and is slated to film the episode early next year. "His dream now is to record a cameo in Only Fools And Horses - it's his ultimate comedic fantasy," the source added.
Beckham also once appeared in a sketch for Sports Relief with James Corden.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign