Report: David Beckham Accepts 'SNL' Hosting Job
Words on the street are, David Beckham is offered to host "Saturday Night Live" later this season. The spot is usually reserved for comics but the soccer player impressed the variety show's producers with his comedic chop on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" sketch that he is now in their wish list.
"People often underestimate David's wry sense of humour and faultless natural timing," a source said. "But he's actually very funny and has no problem poking fun at himself. It's a huge deal for David and will make him an even bigger star Stateside than he already is."
Daily Mirror reported that the Brit has accepted the job and is slated to film the episode early next year. "His dream now is to record a cameo in Only Fools And Horses - it's his ultimate comedic fantasy," the source added.
Beckham also once appeared in a sketch for Sports Relief with James Corden.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'