Report: David Beckham Accepts 'SNL' Hosting Job
Words on the street are, David Beckham is offered to host "Saturday Night Live" later this season. The spot is usually reserved for comics but the soccer player impressed the variety show's producers with his comedic chop on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" sketch that he is now in their wish list.
"People often underestimate David's wry sense of humour and faultless natural timing," a source said. "But he's actually very funny and has no problem poking fun at himself. It's a huge deal for David and will make him an even bigger star Stateside than he already is."
Daily Mirror reported that the Brit has accepted the job and is slated to film the episode early next year. "His dream now is to record a cameo in Only Fools And Horses - it's his ultimate comedic fantasy," the source added.
Beckham also once appeared in a sketch for Sports Relief with James Corden.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere