No Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man' Reboot
There won't be a love triangle in "Spider-Man" reboot as predicted before. After long reports that the movie will feature two love interests of Peter Parker, Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy, "an individual familiar with the project" has now told TheWrap the red-haired girl will not appear in the upcoming film.
In fact, MJ is not and was never featured in the script written by James Vanderbilt. Though so, the site says there were indeed some discussions about Emma Stone playing MJ. However, after she is cast as Gwen Stacy, "the filmmakers decide to trust their instincts and stick with one love interest."
Stone will be seen playing opposite Andrew Garfield who has been tapped to portray Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Rhys Ifans is cast as a villainous character whose name has not been revealed, and Martin Sheen will play Peter's Uncle Ben. Sally Field may join as Aunt May.
This untitled Spider-Man reboot has Marc Webb on board to serve behind the lens. No official storyline is released for the action superhero film, which is due July 3, 2012 in the U.S. The project has gotten December start date.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift
- It's Official: Joy-Anna Duggar and Austin Forsyth Are Married - See Their Wedding Pic
- Scott Disick Caught Cozying Up to Another Woman After Spotted With Bella Thorne and Chloe Bartolli
- New Director Is Reportedly Eyed to Helm 'Justice League Dark'
- Bella Thorne Wants to Forget She Ever Met Scott Disick After He Ditched Her
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and More Recreate Iconic Supermodels Bathtub Photo