No Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man' Reboot
There won't be a love triangle in "Spider-Man" reboot as predicted before. After long reports that the movie will feature two love interests of Peter Parker, Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy, "an individual familiar with the project" has now told TheWrap the red-haired girl will not appear in the upcoming film.
In fact, MJ is not and was never featured in the script written by James Vanderbilt. Though so, the site says there were indeed some discussions about Emma Stone playing MJ. However, after she is cast as Gwen Stacy, "the filmmakers decide to trust their instincts and stick with one love interest."
Stone will be seen playing opposite Andrew Garfield who has been tapped to portray Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Rhys Ifans is cast as a villainous character whose name has not been revealed, and Martin Sheen will play Peter's Uncle Ben. Sally Field may join as Aunt May.
This untitled Spider-Man reboot has Marc Webb on board to serve behind the lens. No official storyline is released for the action superhero film, which is due July 3, 2012 in the U.S. The project has gotten December start date.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton