Parents Say 'Bachelorette' Star Julien Hug Committed Suicide Due to 'Acute Depression'
Two days after the death of former contestant of "The Bachelorette" Julien Hug made headline, his family has released a shocking statement, revealing the cause of the demise. In a statement to People, Julien's parents claimed the one-time reality star took his own life.
"In his letter to us he stated that he was suffering from acute depression and he felt it was his only way out," Bertrand and Denise Hug said. "While publicly outgoing he was an extremely private person who internalized everything. We feel it is necessary at this time to address the media as we are devastated by some of the comments that are coming out."
According to a family spokesman, Julien, who also left notes for his coworkers and girlfriend before committing suicide, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. His parents said, "We are beyond devastated and completely distraught... What we saw was his thirst for life with fast cars, motorcycles and his love of skydiving."
"What we see now is the immense amount of love that everyone has for him. Anyone close to Julien is receiving an extreme outpouring of concern via text, email and messages," his parents went on. "This is an honored tribute to what an amazing person he was and we thank everyone for their love, prayers and continued support."
Julien's girlfriend, Jennifer Bell, has spoken out as well to Radar Online following the death. "We were the light of each other's life. Everyone, I mean everyone loved this man. We lived together in San Diego, in a beautiful condo. This is beyond painful. We've been together for two amazing years," Jennifer shared.
"I had two of the best years of my life with him. They have been nothing but pure happiness to me. Julien was my life and I'm so devastated," she added. "I'm hurting and can't believe it. I never took Julien for granted. We never argued. He was my best friend."
Julien was found dead in a remote area of the San Bernardino National Forest earlier this week. To Us Magazine, authorities described the site of Julien's suicide as "the most beautiful place, where he could see forever. You could see the ocean."
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video