Michael Jackson's New Album to Arrive on Dec. 14, First Single to Debut Next Week
The wait is finally over. Michael Jackson's newly-completed studio album has got its official release date. On November 4, it was announced that the posthumous effort will be made available for purchase across United States on December 14.
"Tomorrow, an exclusive teaser for the project will appear on www.michaeljackson.com," it was revealed more. "On Monday, November 8th the world premiere of 'Breaking News,' a full track from the album, will stream on the site for one week only."
The album is simply titled "Michael" and will be released by Epic Records in conjunction with the Estate of the late King of Pop. It was recorded in 2007 in some places from a friend's home in New Jersey to studios in Las Vegas and Los Angeles with a small group of handpicked collaborators.
Cover art of the album boasts a picture of Michael fronting other small images of him which depict his most iconic looks from "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" to "Bad" and "Smooth Criminal". It was an oil painting created by Kadir Nelson in 2009. "[It] takes us on a journey through some key moments and important people in Michael Jackson's life," it was explained.
More Michael Jackson News
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors