Michael Jackson's New Album to Arrive on Dec. 14, First Single to Debut Next Week
The wait is finally over. Michael Jackson's newly-completed studio album has got its official release date. On November 4, it was announced that the posthumous effort will be made available for purchase across United States on December 14.
"Tomorrow, an exclusive teaser for the project will appear on www.michaeljackson.com," it was revealed more. "On Monday, November 8th the world premiere of 'Breaking News,' a full track from the album, will stream on the site for one week only."
The album is simply titled "Michael" and will be released by Epic Records in conjunction with the Estate of the late King of Pop. It was recorded in 2007 in some places from a friend's home in New Jersey to studios in Las Vegas and Los Angeles with a small group of handpicked collaborators.
Cover art of the album boasts a picture of Michael fronting other small images of him which depict his most iconic looks from "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" to "Bad" and "Smooth Criminal". It was an oil painting created by Kadir Nelson in 2009. "[It] takes us on a journey through some key moments and important people in Michael Jackson's life," it was explained.
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7