James Franco Linked to 'Bourne Legacy'
James Franco could be the new star of "Bourne" film franchise. Words on the street are Tony Gilroy, who is set to direct "The Bourne Legacy", has his eyes on the 32-year-old "Spider-Man" trilogy star to be the lead actor in the upcoming movie.
Sparking the rumor is New York Post's Page Six which reports that Gilroy was interested to meet Franco that he "made a beeline for Franco, asking to be introduced to him" at the after-party for "127 Hours" premiere on Tuesday, November 2. However, a source close to the helmer claims, "He was just there to see the movie."
Soon after he was booked to occupy the director seat in "The Bourne Legacy", Tony Gilroy has confirmed that Matt Damon will not return to the fourth film, making the lead role a vacant position. However, he said that Jason Bourne will no be recast and he will introduce "a whole new hero" for the "stand-alone project".
Gilroy, who wrote the previous three "Bourne" films and provides the script for the next installment, further explained, "Jason Bourne will not be in this film, but he's very much alive. What happened in the first three films is the trigger for what happens. I'm building a legend and an environment and a wider conspiracy."
Universal Pictures has decided August 3, 2012 as the day when they will unleash the movie in U.S. cinemas.
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Erin Andrews Shares Marvelous Photos of 'Fairytale' Wedding to Jarret Stoll
- Calvin Harris Shares Track List of New Album, Teases New Video With Katy Perry and Pharrell
- Report: Chris Brown and Quavo's Feud Is Far From Over
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Gets TV Premiere Date. See New Stunning Poster!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise': DeMario Details Wild Night With Corinne in First Interview Post-Scandal
- Remy Ma 'Ecstatic' After Breaking Nicki Minaj's Winning Streak at BET Awards
- 'Castle Rock' Casts Jane Levy and Sissy Spacek