James Franco Linked to 'Bourne Legacy'
James Franco could be the new star of "Bourne" film franchise. Words on the street are Tony Gilroy, who is set to direct "The Bourne Legacy", has his eyes on the 32-year-old "Spider-Man" trilogy star to be the lead actor in the upcoming movie.
Sparking the rumor is New York Post's Page Six which reports that Gilroy was interested to meet Franco that he "made a beeline for Franco, asking to be introduced to him" at the after-party for "127 Hours" premiere on Tuesday, November 2. However, a source close to the helmer claims, "He was just there to see the movie."
Soon after he was booked to occupy the director seat in "The Bourne Legacy", Tony Gilroy has confirmed that Matt Damon will not return to the fourth film, making the lead role a vacant position. However, he said that Jason Bourne will no be recast and he will introduce "a whole new hero" for the "stand-alone project".
Gilroy, who wrote the previous three "Bourne" films and provides the script for the next installment, further explained, "Jason Bourne will not be in this film, but he's very much alive. What happened in the first three films is the trigger for what happens. I'm building a legend and an environment and a wider conspiracy."
Universal Pictures has decided August 3, 2012 as the day when they will unleash the movie in U.S. cinemas.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival