James Franco Linked to 'Bourne Legacy'
James Franco could be the new star of "Bourne" film franchise. Words on the street are Tony Gilroy, who is set to direct "The Bourne Legacy", has his eyes on the 32-year-old "Spider-Man" trilogy star to be the lead actor in the upcoming movie.
Sparking the rumor is New York Post's Page Six which reports that Gilroy was interested to meet Franco that he "made a beeline for Franco, asking to be introduced to him" at the after-party for "127 Hours" premiere on Tuesday, November 2. However, a source close to the helmer claims, "He was just there to see the movie."
Soon after he was booked to occupy the director seat in "The Bourne Legacy", Tony Gilroy has confirmed that Matt Damon will not return to the fourth film, making the lead role a vacant position. However, he said that Jason Bourne will no be recast and he will introduce "a whole new hero" for the "stand-alone project".
Gilroy, who wrote the previous three "Bourne" films and provides the script for the next installment, further explained, "Jason Bourne will not be in this film, but he's very much alive. What happened in the first three films is the trigger for what happens. I'm building a legend and an environment and a wider conspiracy."
Universal Pictures has decided August 3, 2012 as the day when they will unleash the movie in U.S. cinemas.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers