James Franco Linked to 'Bourne Legacy'
James Franco could be the new star of "Bourne" film franchise. Words on the street are Tony Gilroy, who is set to direct "The Bourne Legacy", has his eyes on the 32-year-old "Spider-Man" trilogy star to be the lead actor in the upcoming movie.
Sparking the rumor is New York Post's Page Six which reports that Gilroy was interested to meet Franco that he "made a beeline for Franco, asking to be introduced to him" at the after-party for "127 Hours" premiere on Tuesday, November 2. However, a source close to the helmer claims, "He was just there to see the movie."
Soon after he was booked to occupy the director seat in "The Bourne Legacy", Tony Gilroy has confirmed that Matt Damon will not return to the fourth film, making the lead role a vacant position. However, he said that Jason Bourne will no be recast and he will introduce "a whole new hero" for the "stand-alone project".
Gilroy, who wrote the previous three "Bourne" films and provides the script for the next installment, further explained, "Jason Bourne will not be in this film, but he's very much alive. What happened in the first three films is the trigger for what happens. I'm building a legend and an environment and a wider conspiracy."
Universal Pictures has decided August 3, 2012 as the day when they will unleash the movie in U.S. cinemas.
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer