'Silent Hill 2' Gets Director and 'Revelation' Title
Another tidbit is coming out during the 2010 American Film Market. Bloody Disgusting has just learned that second "Silent Hill" film has found its helmer in Michael J. Bassett, the man behind "Solomon Kane" and "Death Watch".
Additionally, it is revealed that the sequel is called "Silent Hill: Revelation 3D" and will be filmed with 3-D cameras instead of being converted post production. As for the story, it is said to follow "a protagonist named Heather Mason who, on the eve of her 18th birthday, is plagued by nightmares and now has to investigate the disappearance of her father." As Heather discovers she's not who she thinks she is, she is led deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever.
Though "Silent Hill 2" has tapped its helmer, it is unlikely the film will go into production in 2010 as reported before. Michael J. Bassett is also set to write the script for "Silent Hill: Revelation 3D" although Roger Avary was previously confirmed to serve as a writer for the upcoming horror thriller.
- Beyonce Delays Start of Her Minneapolis Concert due to Storm
- Kelly Osbourne Retaliates Against Ozzy's Alleged Mistress. How?
- Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. Fly to California to Surprise Cancer-Stricken Fan
- New 'Halloween' Movie Is in the Works With the Original's Helmer Attached
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Blac Chyna Shares First Ultrasound Picture Along With Sweet Message for Rob Kardashian
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise