'Silent Hill 2' Gets Director and 'Revelation' Title
Another tidbit is coming out during the 2010 American Film Market. Bloody Disgusting has just learned that second "Silent Hill" film has found its helmer in Michael J. Bassett, the man behind "Solomon Kane" and "Death Watch".
Additionally, it is revealed that the sequel is called "Silent Hill: Revelation 3D" and will be filmed with 3-D cameras instead of being converted post production. As for the story, it is said to follow "a protagonist named Heather Mason who, on the eve of her 18th birthday, is plagued by nightmares and now has to investigate the disappearance of her father." As Heather discovers she's not who she thinks she is, she is led deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever.
Though "Silent Hill 2" has tapped its helmer, it is unlikely the film will go into production in 2010 as reported before. Michael J. Bassett is also set to write the script for "Silent Hill: Revelation 3D" although Roger Avary was previously confirmed to serve as a writer for the upcoming horror thriller.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'