'Silent Hill 2' Gets Director and 'Revelation' Title
Another tidbit is coming out during the 2010 American Film Market. Bloody Disgusting has just learned that second "Silent Hill" film has found its helmer in Michael J. Bassett, the man behind "Solomon Kane" and "Death Watch".
Additionally, it is revealed that the sequel is called "Silent Hill: Revelation 3D" and will be filmed with 3-D cameras instead of being converted post production. As for the story, it is said to follow "a protagonist named Heather Mason who, on the eve of her 18th birthday, is plagued by nightmares and now has to investigate the disappearance of her father." As Heather discovers she's not who she thinks she is, she is led deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever.
Though "Silent Hill 2" has tapped its helmer, it is unlikely the film will go into production in 2010 as reported before. Michael J. Bassett is also set to write the script for "Silent Hill: Revelation 3D" although Roger Avary was previously confirmed to serve as a writer for the upcoming horror thriller.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer