'Silent Hill 2' Gets Director and 'Revelation' Title
Another tidbit is coming out during the 2010 American Film Market. Bloody Disgusting has just learned that second "Silent Hill" film has found its helmer in Michael J. Bassett, the man behind "Solomon Kane" and "Death Watch".
Additionally, it is revealed that the sequel is called "Silent Hill: Revelation 3D" and will be filmed with 3-D cameras instead of being converted post production. As for the story, it is said to follow "a protagonist named Heather Mason who, on the eve of her 18th birthday, is plagued by nightmares and now has to investigate the disappearance of her father." As Heather discovers she's not who she thinks she is, she is led deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever.
Though "Silent Hill 2" has tapped its helmer, it is unlikely the film will go into production in 2010 as reported before. Michael J. Bassett is also set to write the script for "Silent Hill: Revelation 3D" although Roger Avary was previously confirmed to serve as a writer for the upcoming horror thriller.
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series