Heidi Montag Excited of Her Bankruptcy Becoming No. 1 Trending Topic
Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt have recently revealed about considering to file for bankruptcy due to their mounting debts. However, instead of thinking about a way to deal with the situation, Heidi seemed to enjoy the popularity she gained over the issue. On Wednesday, November 3, she wrote on her Twitter page, "I was the #1 trending topic on yahoo earlier today, #2 right now! Yay!!"
Along with the post, Heidi linked to her Facebook account and posted a picture of Yahoo! front page with her name on top of trending topic list. However, the photo has invited comments from fans who said that being on the list because of bankruptcy is not something she should be proud of.
Heidi and Spencer first admitted that they are close to bankruptcy during an interview with Life & Style magazine. According to the site, the former "The Hills" stars now owe $2 million in taxes after renting a $35,000 per month Malibu pad, $3 million on Heidi's music career, renting studios and paying producers and thousands on Heidi's surgeries and aftercare, six cars, healing crystals and private jets.
"We were immature, worrying too much about the famous part instead of the actual business part," Spencer revealed. "In hindsight, we shouldn't have spent any of our money. We should have been low-key and saved. We spoke with a bankruptcy attorney and I've looked into unemployment checks. We thought 'The Hills' was going to be like '90210' and we'd have another five to 10 years."
"At our lowest point, I considered posing for nude pictures in Playboy," Heidi added, before saying that she shunned the idea after Spencer's parents allow them to live in their guesthouse - a studio apartment. Spencer claimed, "I feel like I'm 14 years old again. My parents are my lifeline," with Heidi revealing "Spencer's parents go to the grocery store for us once a week. And that's all we get."
Spencer has also taken the matter to his Twitter page on Wednesday, November 3, writing "If i had an agent in Hollywood that wanted to make money I wouldn't be broke. On second thought if I had saved all my money I wouldn't be broke."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory