Heidi Montag Excited of Her Bankruptcy Becoming No. 1 Trending Topic
Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt have recently revealed about considering to file for bankruptcy due to their mounting debts. However, instead of thinking about a way to deal with the situation, Heidi seemed to enjoy the popularity she gained over the issue. On Wednesday, November 3, she wrote on her Twitter page, "I was the #1 trending topic on yahoo earlier today, #2 right now! Yay!!"
Along with the post, Heidi linked to her Facebook account and posted a picture of Yahoo! front page with her name on top of trending topic list. However, the photo has invited comments from fans who said that being on the list because of bankruptcy is not something she should be proud of.
Heidi and Spencer first admitted that they are close to bankruptcy during an interview with Life & Style magazine. According to the site, the former "The Hills" stars now owe $2 million in taxes after renting a $35,000 per month Malibu pad, $3 million on Heidi's music career, renting studios and paying producers and thousands on Heidi's surgeries and aftercare, six cars, healing crystals and private jets.
"We were immature, worrying too much about the famous part instead of the actual business part," Spencer revealed. "In hindsight, we shouldn't have spent any of our money. We should have been low-key and saved. We spoke with a bankruptcy attorney and I've looked into unemployment checks. We thought 'The Hills' was going to be like '90210' and we'd have another five to 10 years."
"At our lowest point, I considered posing for nude pictures in Playboy," Heidi added, before saying that she shunned the idea after Spencer's parents allow them to live in their guesthouse - a studio apartment. Spencer claimed, "I feel like I'm 14 years old again. My parents are my lifeline," with Heidi revealing "Spencer's parents go to the grocery store for us once a week. And that's all we get."
Spencer has also taken the matter to his Twitter page on Wednesday, November 3, writing "If i had an agent in Hollywood that wanted to make money I wouldn't be broke. On second thought if I had saved all my money I wouldn't be broke."
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art
- Which Green Lantern Member to Appear in 'Justice League' Allegedly Revealed
- Ashley Tisdale Claps Back at Fat-Shamers Saying She Looks Pregnant
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga's Wedding Is Going to Get Spin-Off Series
- Josh Hartnett and Girlfriend Expecting Baby No. 2 - See Her Baby Bump at Oscars After-Party
- Kong Destroys Helicopters and Kills Skull Crawlers in Final 'Kong: Skull Island' Trailer
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!