Lil Wayne to Be Released From Jail Early Thursday, Major Bash Has Been Planned
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne will soon find his freedom. According to fellow rapper Drake, Weezy will be released from New York's Rikers Island jail on early Thursday, November 4. Drake wrote on his Twitter page, "Between the hours of 1 - 2am ...WEEZY IS COMING HOME."
Weezy himself has posted a final letter as he prepared to welcome his freedom. "As I greet you all in my last days on this island, I must reflect. I think back to when I first arrived and I had no clue what I'd be experiencing," the rapper wrote on his WeezyThanxYou blog.
"I was never scared, worried, nor bothered by the situation," Weezy, who began his jail stint on March 8 over gun charge, went on. "For that, I thank God, my family, and you, my amazing fans. I prayed for you all every night, as I'm now aware that I was in y'alls prayers as well."
And it isn't only Weezy who gets excited about the release. President of Young Money and Weezy's childhood friend, Mack Maine, told MTV on Wednesday, November 3 that a major party, which is set in Miami on Sunday, November 7, has been planned to celebrate Weezy's freedom.
"It's gonna be crazy. We have a private party first and then we going to King of Diamonds after, which is a strip club," Maine gushed. "It's going to be crazy, it's going to be real elegant, extravagant, we gonna party like when Frank came home, like (movie) 'King of New York'."
"It should be a lot of beautiful women, just... beautiful scenery. Just treat him like a king, like the royalty that he is and make him feel like we really missed him and welcome him back to the family, basically," Maine went on. "Everybody's just happy that he's coming home. It's been a rough eight months, period, and he's the leader of the tribe."
Moreover, former U.S. President Bill Clinton has also delivered his best wishes for Weezy during a radio show this week. Clinton said, "This guy's smart and he's got ability and he's got a new chance now. What I hope is that it's not just something to brand him as a cool guy, but it'll never happen to him again."
More Lil Wayne News
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO