Physical Altercation Led Demi Lovato to Seek Treatment, Details Revealed
It turned out that the reason why Demi Lovato decided to seek treatment in rehab is not a tiff with Ashley Greene over Demi's ex Joe Jonas or pressure from Disney. According to People, it was a physical fight with one of her dancers in an airplane which pushed Demi into treatment.
The problem behind the alleged altercation between Demi and the dancer on Jonas Brothers' world tour started the night before the fight occurred, when she went out with her friends after a concert. The site mentioned that tour managers and Demi's stepfather Eddie De La Garza weren't happy when they found out about the partying.
"As she did on most nights off, Demi invited her band, dancers and her parents to dinner. Afterward, she broke off with a very small group," a family source told the site. "When tour management found out about this, they talked to the people involved, including Demi. Demi reacted badly and perceived that someone on tour had told on her."
Following the questioning, Demi and other tour members were on an airplane that same day. That's when the 18-year-old beauty confronted the young dancer, whom she thought as the one who told on her. "There was a short, physical altercation," the source went on, adding that it was "one-sided."
"Afterwards, Demi felt awful about her behavior and realized she needed to take personal responsibility for it," the insider added. "Because of this, and because of the battles Demi has fought throughout her life, both she and her family realized she needed to take steps to get help immediately."
Soon, Demi "decided to seek medical care for her physical and emotional issues at a treatment center," with the source insisting that the "Sonny with a Chance" star "is not in drug rehab." Another insider close to the situation also told People that Joe "played no role in this" and Jonas Brothers "were not involved in the incident."
Story mentioning Demi's troubles were also triggered by a tiff with Ashley has been debunked by the "Twilight" actress' rep as well. The rep said as quoted by the site, "There was never an issue between Ashley and Demi, and there is no truth to any rumors about a conflict."
More Demi Lovato News
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order