Confirmed: No Wolverine in 'X-Men: First Class'
Wolverine enthusiast will not be able to see Hugh Jackman in his early days. Producer of "X-Men: First Class", Bryan Singer, has confirmed that the superhero is not going to be in the movie which traces back the epic beginning of the X-Men saga.
"He's not in the movie," Singer responded to the rumor that Jackman was spotted near the movie's set. "He's in the Wolverine movies." Additionally, a representative from 20th Century Fox informed that the filming has not even been kicked off in Jekyll Island, Georgia, adding "and if Hugh was in Georgia, it wasn't for this movie." "First Class" is set to be unleashed in the U.S. only in June 2011.
Not having Wolverine, Singer told The Geek Files that it would concentrate on the two giant powers. "It's about how Xavier - if you know X-Men universe - how Professor Xavier and Magneto kind of met and became friends and how that friendship turned into something else," he explained. "It takes place in the early 60s and it incorporates some characters I was able to bring back in time that are familiar, as well as some new characters, new mutants."
"Also, there's a new villain component, a really cool villain and villain group. It's a really cool and fun story. It will be the first Silver Age Marvel movie", he continued.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower