Confirmed: No Wolverine in 'X-Men: First Class'
Wolverine enthusiast will not be able to see Hugh Jackman in his early days. Producer of "X-Men: First Class", Bryan Singer, has confirmed that the superhero is not going to be in the movie which traces back the epic beginning of the X-Men saga.
"He's not in the movie," Singer responded to the rumor that Jackman was spotted near the movie's set. "He's in the Wolverine movies." Additionally, a representative from 20th Century Fox informed that the filming has not even been kicked off in Jekyll Island, Georgia, adding "and if Hugh was in Georgia, it wasn't for this movie." "First Class" is set to be unleashed in the U.S. only in June 2011.
Not having Wolverine, Singer told The Geek Files that it would concentrate on the two giant powers. "It's about how Xavier - if you know X-Men universe - how Professor Xavier and Magneto kind of met and became friends and how that friendship turned into something else," he explained. "It takes place in the early 60s and it incorporates some characters I was able to bring back in time that are familiar, as well as some new characters, new mutants."
"Also, there's a new villain component, a really cool villain and villain group. It's a really cool and fun story. It will be the first Silver Age Marvel movie", he continued.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift