'Raise Your Glass' Music Video: Pink Toasts the Underdogs
Pink salutes all the "dirty little freaks" in a newly-debuted "Raise Your Glass" music video. She is seen singing in a gay wedding, showing her muscles as Rosie the Riveter, going head-to-head with a sumo wrestler, and dancing with a nerdy boy in a school party. Beside those scenes, there are also some risky footage which features her waking up from a series of potentially scandalous acts with religious figures.
In a previous interview when met by MTV on the filming set, Pink explained what is the premise behind the sumo wrestler scene. "[It] represents Wall Street, the big banks," the singer stated. "It's the middle-class working family against 'the man.' Another psychotic scene."
In another occasion, she talked about the gay wedding, "I threw my best friend's wedding in my backyard. She is gay and it was a beautiful ceremony. At the end of it, her mom said, 'Why can't that be legal?' and started crying. It was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen and that's why I'm doing it in my video."
"Raise Your Glass" is included in Pink's upcoming "Greatest Hits... So Far!!!" which is coming out in the United States on November 16.
More Pink News
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star