First Look and Release Date of Carrie Underwood's Movie Debut 'Soul Surfer'
Carrie Underwood is set to grace big screen next year, her movie debut "Soul Surfer" has just been announced to hit U.S. theaters on April 15, 2011, The Hollywood Reporter reports. Along with the release schedule, first pictures from the movie have come out.
Entertainment Weekly has got its hand on a picture of the country music singer, who portrays a church youth leader, carrying a surfer board. Meanwhile, another still from the film captures AnnaSophia Robb's Bethany Hamilton and her parents, portrayed by Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt.
"Soul Surfer" centers its story on surf icon Hamilton, who lost her left arm in a shark attack in 2003, but returned to competitive surfing months later. Sean McNamara takes the helming duty for the biopic, in addition to writing the script along with Deborah Schwartz, Douglas Schwartz and Michael Berk.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App