First Look and Release Date of Carrie Underwood's Movie Debut 'Soul Surfer'
Carrie Underwood is set to grace big screen next year, her movie debut "Soul Surfer" has just been announced to hit U.S. theaters on April 15, 2011, The Hollywood Reporter reports. Along with the release schedule, first pictures from the movie have come out.
Entertainment Weekly has got its hand on a picture of the country music singer, who portrays a church youth leader, carrying a surfer board. Meanwhile, another still from the film captures AnnaSophia Robb's Bethany Hamilton and her parents, portrayed by Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt.
"Soul Surfer" centers its story on surf icon Hamilton, who lost her left arm in a shark attack in 2003, but returned to competitive surfing months later. Sean McNamara takes the helming duty for the biopic, in addition to writing the script along with Deborah Schwartz, Douglas Schwartz and Michael Berk.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off