First Look and Release Date of Carrie Underwood's Movie Debut 'Soul Surfer'
Carrie Underwood is set to grace big screen next year, her movie debut "Soul Surfer" has just been announced to hit U.S. theaters on April 15, 2011, The Hollywood Reporter reports. Along with the release schedule, first pictures from the movie have come out.
Entertainment Weekly has got its hand on a picture of the country music singer, who portrays a church youth leader, carrying a surfer board. Meanwhile, another still from the film captures AnnaSophia Robb's Bethany Hamilton and her parents, portrayed by Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt.
"Soul Surfer" centers its story on surf icon Hamilton, who lost her left arm in a shark attack in 2003, but returned to competitive surfing months later. Sean McNamara takes the helming duty for the biopic, in addition to writing the script along with Deborah Schwartz, Douglas Schwartz and Michael Berk.
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled