First Look and Release Date of Carrie Underwood's Movie Debut 'Soul Surfer'
Carrie Underwood is set to grace big screen next year, her movie debut "Soul Surfer" has just been announced to hit U.S. theaters on April 15, 2011, The Hollywood Reporter reports. Along with the release schedule, first pictures from the movie have come out.
Entertainment Weekly has got its hand on a picture of the country music singer, who portrays a church youth leader, carrying a surfer board. Meanwhile, another still from the film captures AnnaSophia Robb's Bethany Hamilton and her parents, portrayed by Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt.
"Soul Surfer" centers its story on surf icon Hamilton, who lost her left arm in a shark attack in 2003, but returned to competitive surfing months later. Sean McNamara takes the helming duty for the biopic, in addition to writing the script along with Deborah Schwartz, Douglas Schwartz and Michael Berk.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group