First Look and Release Date of Carrie Underwood's Movie Debut 'Soul Surfer'
Carrie Underwood is set to grace big screen next year, her movie debut "Soul Surfer" has just been announced to hit U.S. theaters on April 15, 2011, The Hollywood Reporter reports. Along with the release schedule, first pictures from the movie have come out.
Entertainment Weekly has got its hand on a picture of the country music singer, who portrays a church youth leader, carrying a surfer board. Meanwhile, another still from the film captures AnnaSophia Robb's Bethany Hamilton and her parents, portrayed by Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt.
"Soul Surfer" centers its story on surf icon Hamilton, who lost her left arm in a shark attack in 2003, but returned to competitive surfing months later. Sean McNamara takes the helming duty for the biopic, in addition to writing the script along with Deborah Schwartz, Douglas Schwartz and Michael Berk.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'