New 'Tangled' Vignette Highlights Mother Gothel
Walt Disney Pictures has unleashed a new promo video for "Tangled" via MySpace Video, putting the villainous character on the spotlight this time. In the character vignette, wicked Mother Gothel is seen having all the opposite characteristics of a kindly mother figure. She is a controlling, manipulative and over-protective mother who loves Rapunzel as a possession rather than as a daughter.
Based on a famous fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm titled "Rapunzel", "Tangled" revolves around Rapunzel who has spent her entire life in a tower after she was stolen from her parents' castle as an infant. In the meantime, the kingdom's greatest thief escapes but he picks the wrong place to hide, bringing him to meet the golden-haired princess.
He is then taken hostage by Rapunzel. Flynn's curious captor, who's looking for her ticket out of the tower where she's been locked away for years, strikes a deal with the handsome thief and the unlikely duo sets off on an action-packed escapade, complete with a super-cop horse, an over-protective chameleon and a gruff gang of pub thugs.
Mandy Moore voices Rapunzel, while Zachary Levi supports the cast ensemble as the voice of Flynn. Donna Murphy, Ewan McGregor and Steve Martin are additionally among the voice cast of the 3-D family animation, which is set to entertain moviegoers in the U.S. on November 12. Byron Howard and Nathan Greno team up to direct the film.
More Tangled News
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'