New 'Tangled' Vignette Highlights Mother Gothel
Walt Disney Pictures has unleashed a new promo video for "Tangled" via MySpace Video, putting the villainous character on the spotlight this time. In the character vignette, wicked Mother Gothel is seen having all the opposite characteristics of a kindly mother figure. She is a controlling, manipulative and over-protective mother who loves Rapunzel as a possession rather than as a daughter.
Based on a famous fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm titled "Rapunzel", "Tangled" revolves around Rapunzel who has spent her entire life in a tower after she was stolen from her parents' castle as an infant. In the meantime, the kingdom's greatest thief escapes but he picks the wrong place to hide, bringing him to meet the golden-haired princess.
He is then taken hostage by Rapunzel. Flynn's curious captor, who's looking for her ticket out of the tower where she's been locked away for years, strikes a deal with the handsome thief and the unlikely duo sets off on an action-packed escapade, complete with a super-cop horse, an over-protective chameleon and a gruff gang of pub thugs.
Mandy Moore voices Rapunzel, while Zachary Levi supports the cast ensemble as the voice of Flynn. Donna Murphy, Ewan McGregor and Steve Martin are additionally among the voice cast of the 3-D family animation, which is set to entertain moviegoers in the U.S. on November 12. Byron Howard and Nathan Greno team up to direct the film.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'