Blake Lively, Michelle Williams, Scarlett Johansson Rumored for 'Great Gatsby'
"Moulin Rouge!" helmer Baz Luhrmann is eying great talents for "The Great Gatsby", his movie adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel of the same title. After reportedly considering Rebecca Hall for the part of Daisy Buchanan, the Aussie filmmaker is reportedly expanding his search that it now includes Blake Lively, Michelle Williams, Scarlett Johansson, Keira Knightley and Abbie Cornish.
According to Deadline Hollywood, these names are added to the shortlist and joining Hall, Amanda Seyfried and Natalie Portman. As for Hall, she reportedly has read for the female lead role when Luhrmann did a workshop of the screenplay he wrote with Craig Pearce.
"The Great Gatsby", set up at Sony Pictures Entertainment, is said as a possible vehicle for Luhrmann though he has not officially signed up for the directing duty. He and Sony want Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire to star in the film, with the former reading Jay Gatsby and the latter reading Nick Carraway.
The novel itself is a critique of the American Dream pictured in Gatsby's rise to glory and eventual fall from grace. The story also follows the love life of Gatsby and Daisy. Daisy marries the brutal, bullying, but extremely rich Tom Buchanan while Gatsby serves overseas and he is determined to get her back after the war ends.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory