Taylor Swift Works With Arden to Create Her First Perfume
Taylor Swift has conquered the world of music and had a little taste of acting. The 20-year-old is now trying her hands on the perfume business, teaming up with Elizabeth Arden which has bottled Britney Spears, Hilary Duff and Mariah Carey in the past.
"I have always loved how fragrance can shape a memory," she said in a statement to WWD. "The way certain scents remind you of events and people that are imprinted in your thoughts. Lately I've been having fun experimenting with combining some of my favorite scents, so I'm really excited about working with Elizabeth Arden to develop my own unique fragrance."
The singer will be totally involved in the development including packaging and advertising. While there is no information on the name or how it would smell like, it is reported that the fragrance is coming fall next year.
The announcement came in the middle of Swift's promotional marathon for her latest album "Speak Now". Led by single "Mine", the third studio album was released on October 25 and is expected to reign the Billboard Hot 200 chart this week. Billboard.biz said the album will shift at least 800,000 to 900,000 copies in the first week but 1 million copies is also likely.
More Taylor Swift News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'