Taylor Swift Works With Arden to Create Her First Perfume
Taylor Swift has conquered the world of music and had a little taste of acting. The 20-year-old is now trying her hands on the perfume business, teaming up with Elizabeth Arden which has bottled Britney Spears, Hilary Duff and Mariah Carey in the past.
"I have always loved how fragrance can shape a memory," she said in a statement to WWD. "The way certain scents remind you of events and people that are imprinted in your thoughts. Lately I've been having fun experimenting with combining some of my favorite scents, so I'm really excited about working with Elizabeth Arden to develop my own unique fragrance."
The singer will be totally involved in the development including packaging and advertising. While there is no information on the name or how it would smell like, it is reported that the fragrance is coming fall next year.
The announcement came in the middle of Swift's promotional marathon for her latest album "Speak Now". Led by single "Mine", the third studio album was released on October 25 and is expected to reign the Billboard Hot 200 chart this week. Billboard.biz said the album will shift at least 800,000 to 900,000 copies in the first week but 1 million copies is also likely.
More Taylor Swift News
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance