Taylor Swift Works With Arden to Create Her First Perfume
Taylor Swift has conquered the world of music and had a little taste of acting. The 20-year-old is now trying her hands on the perfume business, teaming up with Elizabeth Arden which has bottled Britney Spears, Hilary Duff and Mariah Carey in the past.
"I have always loved how fragrance can shape a memory," she said in a statement to WWD. "The way certain scents remind you of events and people that are imprinted in your thoughts. Lately I've been having fun experimenting with combining some of my favorite scents, so I'm really excited about working with Elizabeth Arden to develop my own unique fragrance."
The singer will be totally involved in the development including packaging and advertising. While there is no information on the name or how it would smell like, it is reported that the fragrance is coming fall next year.
The announcement came in the middle of Swift's promotional marathon for her latest album "Speak Now". Led by single "Mine", the third studio album was released on October 25 and is expected to reign the Billboard Hot 200 chart this week. Billboard.biz said the album will shift at least 800,000 to 900,000 copies in the first week but 1 million copies is also likely.
More Taylor Swift News
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna