Demi Lovato Enters Rehab for 'Emotional and Physical Issues'
Demi Lovato is taking some time out of the limelight to check into a treatment center. Her rep has confirmed that the Disney cutie drops out the Jonas Brothers international tour to seek professional help for "emotional and physical issues". "Demi Lovato left her tour early this weekend in order to seek medical treatment for emotional and physical issues she has dealt with for some time," the rep says in a statement.
"Demi has decided to take personal responsibility for her actions and seek help. She is doing just that," the rep adds. "Demi and her family ask that the media please respect their privacy during this difficult time. She regrets not being able to finish her tour, but is looking forward to getting back to work in the near future."
The rep does not detail further about Demi's issues but it is said that the 18-year-old star is not seeking help for drug use. Instead, the singer/actress is reportedly dealing with eating disorders. "She was bullied in school. She fought through eating disorders and has struggled with cutting. ...Demi is taking control by getting help," a source close to the family tells People.
Another source tells TMZ that the former lover of Joe Jonas was in a physical altercation with a female member of her tour recently which was a "catalyst" in her decision to seek professional help. Meanwhile, E! News learns that her exhausting work schedule "overwhelmed" and ultimately took its toll on her.
More Demi Lovato News
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo