Teaser Poster of John Carpenter's Horror Movie 'Darkchylde' Sees Beautiful Monster
Acclaimed horror filmmaker John Carpenter is signing up to take the directing responsibility for "Darkchylde", a movie adaptation of comic by Randy Queen with the same title. Along with this announcement, the first poster from the movie has been shared, displaying a girl with a beautiful face. She, however, has a horribly-disfigured left hand and two monster-like wings.
The story itself will revolve around Ariel Chylde, a good hearted southern teen who is cursed to become the creatures from her many recurring nightmares. Every time Chylde transforms, she sheds her skin and a new nightmare emerges from her id to act out her deepest, darkest impulses.
"Randy Queen's hijacked angel, Ariel Chylde, is the best young female character since Laurie Strode in Halloween. Bringing Ariel and her dark mysteries to life should be quite an adventure for us all," Carpenter says in a press release. No actress has been tapped to fill in the lead role. Carpenter and his wife Sandy King will team up to produce the movie.
Carpenter's latest work "The Ward" was debuted at the Toronto International Film Festival in September. The 62-year-old filmmaker is also widely known for his sci-fi movie, 1982 "The Thing", which prequel is made by Matthijs van Heijningen Jr. and will be released in April 2011.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs