Teaser Poster of John Carpenter's Horror Movie 'Darkchylde' Sees Beautiful Monster
Acclaimed horror filmmaker John Carpenter is signing up to take the directing responsibility for "Darkchylde", a movie adaptation of comic by Randy Queen with the same title. Along with this announcement, the first poster from the movie has been shared, displaying a girl with a beautiful face. She, however, has a horribly-disfigured left hand and two monster-like wings.
The story itself will revolve around Ariel Chylde, a good hearted southern teen who is cursed to become the creatures from her many recurring nightmares. Every time Chylde transforms, she sheds her skin and a new nightmare emerges from her id to act out her deepest, darkest impulses.
"Randy Queen's hijacked angel, Ariel Chylde, is the best young female character since Laurie Strode in Halloween. Bringing Ariel and her dark mysteries to life should be quite an adventure for us all," Carpenter says in a press release. No actress has been tapped to fill in the lead role. Carpenter and his wife Sandy King will team up to produce the movie.
Carpenter's latest work "The Ward" was debuted at the Toronto International Film Festival in September. The 62-year-old filmmaker is also widely known for his sci-fi movie, 1982 "The Thing", which prequel is made by Matthijs van Heijningen Jr. and will be released in April 2011.
- Machine Gun Kelly Explains Health Scare He Experienced During Concert
- Report: Mariah Carey Was a Diva While Visiting Disneyland
- New 'Justice League' Poster Brings Back Superman
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez' Candlelit Dinner
- Kim Zolciak's 4-Year-Old Son Gets Emergency Surgery After Being Bitten by Dog
- Kendrick Lamar Nabs Third No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'DAMN'
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Confirm Relationship With PDA Pictures
- Kylie Jenner 'Turned On' by Travis Scott: He's 'More on Her Level' Than Tyga