Jack Black Producing Mean Girls-Style Cartoon Series
Jack Black is going deeper and deeper into the TV world. As part of his deal with production company Reveille earlier this year, the "Nacho Libre" actor would be producing a half-hour animation called "Tiny Monsters" which is now developing under FOX.
"Monsters" was tentatively brewing as "Little Bitches" before the title was erased from the script. According to NY mag, the cartoon is about junior-high mean girls. Alexandra Rushfield, who created ABC's short-lived comedies "Help Me Help You" and "In the Motherhood" has been tapped to write for the pilot. No release date has been set up yet.
It is also unknown whether Black would voice a character in the series. He has had such experience in several installments of "Kung Fu Panda" and an episode of "The Simpsons".
Black is executive producing along with his Electric Dynamite partners Ben Cooley and Priyanka Mattoo as well as Reveille's Carolyn Bernstein. Reveille is also the home of "My Life as an Experiment" which is set up for NBC.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton