Jack Black Producing Mean Girls-Style Cartoon Series
Jack Black is going deeper and deeper into the TV world. As part of his deal with production company Reveille earlier this year, the "Nacho Libre" actor would be producing a half-hour animation called "Tiny Monsters" which is now developing under FOX.
"Monsters" was tentatively brewing as "Little Bitches" before the title was erased from the script. According to NY mag, the cartoon is about junior-high mean girls. Alexandra Rushfield, who created ABC's short-lived comedies "Help Me Help You" and "In the Motherhood" has been tapped to write for the pilot. No release date has been set up yet.
It is also unknown whether Black would voice a character in the series. He has had such experience in several installments of "Kung Fu Panda" and an episode of "The Simpsons".
Black is executive producing along with his Electric Dynamite partners Ben Cooley and Priyanka Mattoo as well as Reveille's Carolyn Bernstein. Reveille is also the home of "My Life as an Experiment" which is set up for NBC.
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West