Jack Black Producing Mean Girls-Style Cartoon Series
Jack Black is going deeper and deeper into the TV world. As part of his deal with production company Reveille earlier this year, the "Nacho Libre" actor would be producing a half-hour animation called "Tiny Monsters" which is now developing under FOX.
"Monsters" was tentatively brewing as "Little Bitches" before the title was erased from the script. According to NY mag, the cartoon is about junior-high mean girls. Alexandra Rushfield, who created ABC's short-lived comedies "Help Me Help You" and "In the Motherhood" has been tapped to write for the pilot. No release date has been set up yet.
It is also unknown whether Black would voice a character in the series. He has had such experience in several installments of "Kung Fu Panda" and an episode of "The Simpsons".
Black is executive producing along with his Electric Dynamite partners Ben Cooley and Priyanka Mattoo as well as Reveille's Carolyn Bernstein. Reveille is also the home of "My Life as an Experiment" which is set up for NBC.
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die