Sam Worthington Risks His Life in First 'Man on a Ledge' Photo
Summit Entertainment has just kicked off the principal photography of "Man on a Ledge" and shared the first picture from the movie. Taken from wide range, the image shows Sam Worthington, who portrays an ex-cop and wanted fugitive threatening to jump to his death, standing on a ledge of a high-rise building.
Elizabeth Banks will portray a hard-living New York Police Department hostage negotiator who tries to talk Worthington down. In a plot line released by Summit, it is stated, "The longer they are on the ledge, the more she realizes that he might have an ulterior objective."
Edward Burns joins the cast as a rival negotiator who tries to swoop in when he believes Banks has a conflict of interest. Jamie Bell takes the role of Worthington's younger brother and ardent supporter, while newcomer Genesis Rodriguez is cast as Bell's girlfriend. Together, the two try to prove Worthington's innocence.
Also landing roles in the film are Anthony Mackie and Ed Harris who star as Worthington's best friend and a powerful businessman respectively. Asger Leth tackles the directing duty for "Man on a Ledge" which is expected to come out in 2012.
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?