Sam Worthington Risks His Life in First 'Man on a Ledge' Photo
Summit Entertainment has just kicked off the principal photography of "Man on a Ledge" and shared the first picture from the movie. Taken from wide range, the image shows Sam Worthington, who portrays an ex-cop and wanted fugitive threatening to jump to his death, standing on a ledge of a high-rise building.
Elizabeth Banks will portray a hard-living New York Police Department hostage negotiator who tries to talk Worthington down. In a plot line released by Summit, it is stated, "The longer they are on the ledge, the more she realizes that he might have an ulterior objective."
Edward Burns joins the cast as a rival negotiator who tries to swoop in when he believes Banks has a conflict of interest. Jamie Bell takes the role of Worthington's younger brother and ardent supporter, while newcomer Genesis Rodriguez is cast as Bell's girlfriend. Together, the two try to prove Worthington's innocence.
Also landing roles in the film are Anthony Mackie and Ed Harris who star as Worthington's best friend and a powerful businessman respectively. Asger Leth tackles the directing duty for "Man on a Ledge" which is expected to come out in 2012.
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say