Sam Worthington Risks His Life in First 'Man on a Ledge' Photo
Summit Entertainment has just kicked off the principal photography of "Man on a Ledge" and shared the first picture from the movie. Taken from wide range, the image shows Sam Worthington, who portrays an ex-cop and wanted fugitive threatening to jump to his death, standing on a ledge of a high-rise building.
Elizabeth Banks will portray a hard-living New York Police Department hostage negotiator who tries to talk Worthington down. In a plot line released by Summit, it is stated, "The longer they are on the ledge, the more she realizes that he might have an ulterior objective."
Edward Burns joins the cast as a rival negotiator who tries to swoop in when he believes Banks has a conflict of interest. Jamie Bell takes the role of Worthington's younger brother and ardent supporter, while newcomer Genesis Rodriguez is cast as Bell's girlfriend. Together, the two try to prove Worthington's innocence.
Also landing roles in the film are Anthony Mackie and Ed Harris who star as Worthington's best friend and a powerful businessman respectively. Asger Leth tackles the directing duty for "Man on a Ledge" which is expected to come out in 2012.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture