Taylor Swift Refuses to Deny Jake Gyllenhaal Romance Rumor on 'Ellen'
Taylor Swift has been forced to address the nature of her relationship with Hollywood actor Jake Gyllenhaal during her Friday, October 29 chat on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" which will be aired on Monday, November 1. "Are you optimistic about love? How do you feel about love right now?" host Ellen DeGeneres quizzed, trying to bring up the topic.
"I'm always optimistic about love," Taylor who looked lovely in her black lace dress said, before beginning to backtrack slightly, "Sometimes." Ellen asked again, "But right now you are?" with the "Speak Now" singer responding "Well, why wouldn't anyone be?"
"Especially if your boyfriend is Jake Gyllenhaal, because he is very handsome," Ellen further teased. "Y'all are just hanging out though right?" Ellen confronted again. Taylor later acknowledged that she was pictured with Jake together when they were out in New York together last week. "You have a picture of us on the (TV) screen, don't you?" Taylor said while Ellen confessed, "Right."
"But it's just y'all hanging out - this does not prove anything. I'm just saying he's adorable and I like him very much, and so if that is the case that he's your boyfriend, I think that's fantastic," Ellen continued to suggest. However, knowing that Taylor once said that she likes to write song about her ex-boyfriends, Ellen asked her on Jake's behalf, "Wouldn't he be nervous if anything goes wrong?"
As for speculation that her new song "Dear John" talks about her brief fling with fellow singer John Mayer, Taylor quipped, "That song kind of is what it is." Ellen replied, "OK, great. We know the answer now. It's about him. You didn't dispute it so obviously," with Taylor giving her I-can't-believe-you-said-that look.
Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal have been romantically linked after the two were snapped having a Sunday stroll together in Brooklyn, New York on October 24. One onlooker told Life & Stye magazine, "Taylor and Jake were walking around Park Slope holding hands. They looked like a couple!"
Taylor Swift Playing Coy Over Jake Gyllenhaal Romance Rumor:
More Taylor Swift News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent