Rihanna Had Doubt in Doing 'Love the Way You Lie (Part II)' With Eminem
People might look forward to the sequel of "Love the Way You Lie" which she has recorded with Eminem, but Rihanna initially was not quite confident with it. "When I first heard the idea about doing a part two, I was just completely against it," she said to MTV.
The Barbadian singer explained more, "I just felt like you couldn't beat the original. There's no way you can outdo that, so why compete with it?" But then, she heard "a broken-down version that was stripped down, just piano" and she fell in love with it.
"We recorded it, then we did another version to the stripped-down version with drums, then we did another version with drums and Eminem. And then that was the one that just felt really good," she stated. The acoustic version will serve as a bonus track on iTunes, and the other will appear in the CD release of "Loud" on November 16.
"I love both: I love the broken-down version, as well as the new one with Eminem. ... Something is wrong with Eminem," she laughed. "He has so much in his mind that I almost feel lucky for him that he has music. ... Music is such a great release for him. He's one of my favorite artists."
"Love the Way You Lie" is taken from Eminem's latest chart topper "Recovery" and reigned Billboard Hot 100 for multiple weeks. Its music video also became talk of the town since it picks up domestic violence theme which is rumored to be inspired by RiRi and Slim Shady's personal experiences.
When asked whether there will also be a continuation to the Dominic Monaghan and Megan Fox-starring music video, Rihanna teases, "Who knows?" In the meantime, fans are waiting for her on-screen hook-up with Drake in "What's My Name?" music video.
More Rihanna News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal