Rihanna Had Doubt in Doing 'Love the Way You Lie (Part II)' With Eminem
People might look forward to the sequel of "Love the Way You Lie" which she has recorded with Eminem, but Rihanna initially was not quite confident with it. "When I first heard the idea about doing a part two, I was just completely against it," she said to MTV.
The Barbadian singer explained more, "I just felt like you couldn't beat the original. There's no way you can outdo that, so why compete with it?" But then, she heard "a broken-down version that was stripped down, just piano" and she fell in love with it.
"We recorded it, then we did another version to the stripped-down version with drums, then we did another version with drums and Eminem. And then that was the one that just felt really good," she stated. The acoustic version will serve as a bonus track on iTunes, and the other will appear in the CD release of "Loud" on November 16.
"I love both: I love the broken-down version, as well as the new one with Eminem. ... Something is wrong with Eminem," she laughed. "He has so much in his mind that I almost feel lucky for him that he has music. ... Music is such a great release for him. He's one of my favorite artists."
"Love the Way You Lie" is taken from Eminem's latest chart topper "Recovery" and reigned Billboard Hot 100 for multiple weeks. Its music video also became talk of the town since it picks up domestic violence theme which is rumored to be inspired by RiRi and Slim Shady's personal experiences.
When asked whether there will also be a continuation to the Dominic Monaghan and Megan Fox-starring music video, Rihanna teases, "Who knows?" In the meantime, fans are waiting for her on-screen hook-up with Drake in "What's My Name?" music video.
More Rihanna News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake