Randy Travis and Wife of 19 Years Finalize Divorce
Country music singer Randy Travis and and his wife/manager Elizabeth Travis are pulling the plug off their 19 years of marriage. On Friday, October 29, spokesperson Maureen O'Connor has confirmed to People that Randy and Elizabeth have ended their marriage and "the divorce was finalized as of this morning."
In a statement, it was revealed that "Elizabeth and Randy Travis have agreed to part ways. Elizabeth will remain Mr. Travis' personal manager. They do not intend to comment any further and ask for your respect for their privacy during this time."
The statement didn't give further detail about Randy and Elizabeth's separation other than "a state of incompatibility exists between the parties." According to Associated Press, a petition for dissolution of marriage was filed by Randy in Albuquerque, New Mexico on Thursday, October 28. In the papers, the "America Will Always Stand" crooner requests for an equal split of assets.
Randy Travis and Elizabeth Travis tied the knot in May 1991. They met in the mid-1970s when Randy won a talent contest at a nightclub owned by Elizabeth and her first husband in Charlotte, North Carolina. Under Elizabeth's guidance, Randy landed a record deal and put out his first album "Storms of Life" in 1985.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance