Randy Travis and Wife of 19 Years Finalize Divorce
Country music singer Randy Travis and and his wife/manager Elizabeth Travis are pulling the plug off their 19 years of marriage. On Friday, October 29, spokesperson Maureen O'Connor has confirmed to People that Randy and Elizabeth have ended their marriage and "the divorce was finalized as of this morning."
In a statement, it was revealed that "Elizabeth and Randy Travis have agreed to part ways. Elizabeth will remain Mr. Travis' personal manager. They do not intend to comment any further and ask for your respect for their privacy during this time."
The statement didn't give further detail about Randy and Elizabeth's separation other than "a state of incompatibility exists between the parties." According to Associated Press, a petition for dissolution of marriage was filed by Randy in Albuquerque, New Mexico on Thursday, October 28. In the papers, the "America Will Always Stand" crooner requests for an equal split of assets.
Randy Travis and Elizabeth Travis tied the knot in May 1991. They met in the mid-1970s when Randy won a talent contest at a nightclub owned by Elizabeth and her first husband in Charlotte, North Carolina. Under Elizabeth's guidance, Randy landed a record deal and put out his first album "Storms of Life" in 1985.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes