Randy Travis and Wife of 19 Years Finalize Divorce
Country music singer Randy Travis and and his wife/manager Elizabeth Travis are pulling the plug off their 19 years of marriage. On Friday, October 29, spokesperson Maureen O'Connor has confirmed to People that Randy and Elizabeth have ended their marriage and "the divorce was finalized as of this morning."
In a statement, it was revealed that "Elizabeth and Randy Travis have agreed to part ways. Elizabeth will remain Mr. Travis' personal manager. They do not intend to comment any further and ask for your respect for their privacy during this time."
The statement didn't give further detail about Randy and Elizabeth's separation other than "a state of incompatibility exists between the parties." According to Associated Press, a petition for dissolution of marriage was filed by Randy in Albuquerque, New Mexico on Thursday, October 28. In the papers, the "America Will Always Stand" crooner requests for an equal split of assets.
Randy Travis and Elizabeth Travis tied the knot in May 1991. They met in the mid-1970s when Randy won a talent contest at a nightclub owned by Elizabeth and her first husband in Charlotte, North Carolina. Under Elizabeth's guidance, Randy landed a record deal and put out his first album "Storms of Life" in 1985.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent