John Mayer Urges People to Donate So African Kids Can Reach Justin Bieber's Age
John Mayer has joined a plea, hoping people across the world to donate money so children in Africa could fight Malaria and reach the same age as Justin Bieber, who is now 16. In the new campaign called "Comedy Fights Malaria", Mayer said, "Almost a million people die every year from malaria."
Then Mayer explained that due to the illness, those children were not able to reach the same age as Bieber. "And of that number 85% die under the age of Justin Bieber," the "Your Body Is a Wonderland" hitmaker stated.
In the PSA, Mayer was joined by fellow stars such as B.J. Novak, Aziz Ansari, Jeff Probst and Rob Riggle. In the campaign, which plans to wipe-out malaria deaths in Africa by 2015, the stars urged people to donate $10 for mosquito nets by visiting MalariaNoMore.
A spokesman for the campaign said, "Every 45 seconds a child dies in Africa from malaria but humor can keep malaria in the spotlight and in the conversation too." Other stars who have joined the forces include Orlando Bloom, Elizabeth Banks, Elliott Gould, Josh Groban and Jason Schwartzman.
More John Mayer News
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp