John Mayer Urges People to Donate So African Kids Can Reach Justin Bieber's Age
John Mayer has joined a plea, hoping people across the world to donate money so children in Africa could fight Malaria and reach the same age as Justin Bieber, who is now 16. In the new campaign called "Comedy Fights Malaria", Mayer said, "Almost a million people die every year from malaria."
Then Mayer explained that due to the illness, those children were not able to reach the same age as Bieber. "And of that number 85% die under the age of Justin Bieber," the "Your Body Is a Wonderland" hitmaker stated.
In the PSA, Mayer was joined by fellow stars such as B.J. Novak, Aziz Ansari, Jeff Probst and Rob Riggle. In the campaign, which plans to wipe-out malaria deaths in Africa by 2015, the stars urged people to donate $10 for mosquito nets by visiting MalariaNoMore.
A spokesman for the campaign said, "Every 45 seconds a child dies in Africa from malaria but humor can keep malaria in the spotlight and in the conversation too." Other stars who have joined the forces include Orlando Bloom, Elizabeth Banks, Elliott Gould, Josh Groban and Jason Schwartzman.
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech