John Mayer Urges People to Donate So African Kids Can Reach Justin Bieber's Age
John Mayer has joined a plea, hoping people across the world to donate money so children in Africa could fight Malaria and reach the same age as Justin Bieber, who is now 16. In the new campaign called "Comedy Fights Malaria", Mayer said, "Almost a million people die every year from malaria."
Then Mayer explained that due to the illness, those children were not able to reach the same age as Bieber. "And of that number 85% die under the age of Justin Bieber," the "Your Body Is a Wonderland" hitmaker stated.
In the PSA, Mayer was joined by fellow stars such as B.J. Novak, Aziz Ansari, Jeff Probst and Rob Riggle. In the campaign, which plans to wipe-out malaria deaths in Africa by 2015, the stars urged people to donate $10 for mosquito nets by visiting MalariaNoMore.
A spokesman for the campaign said, "Every 45 seconds a child dies in Africa from malaria but humor can keep malaria in the spotlight and in the conversation too." Other stars who have joined the forces include Orlando Bloom, Elizabeth Banks, Elliott Gould, Josh Groban and Jason Schwartzman.
More John Mayer News
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back