Kid Cudi Forms a Band and Starts Working on Rock Album
Even before his latest rap album "Man on the Moon II : The Legend of Mr. Rager" comes out on November 9, Kid Cudi says he is "just over" rapping and wants to sing more. He additionally states that he tries his hands on rock music, forms a band and learns how to play guitar.
"I just really get more fulfillment out of singing now," he told MTV. "I'm teaching myself the guitar, that's my new found love. I never thought that I could play an instrument. Picked it up, surprised myself. It's been two and a half months, I'm already starting my next project. It's a rock album, I'm doing a band with [producer] Dot [da Genius] called Wizard."
In a recent listening party of "Man on the Moon II" in New York City, he further said as quoted by Rap-Up, "We're starting to record on the tour bus. We'll be doing college runs. ... I never thought I could play an instrument. I always downplayed that sh**. ... It was like learning how to read sheet music. F**k that! That's like learning how to read again!"
Kid Cudi seems to have already hinted his departure from rap when premiering "Erase Me" music video. Sharing stage with Kanye West, he leaves the rap part to Kanye and enjoys himself with singing. He channels his inner Jimi Hendrix, straps an electric guitar and plays with a full band.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal