Heidi Montag's Mom Reveals She Is Currently Working as Maid
While Heidi Montag enjoys a glamorous life with newly-reconciled hubby Spencer Pratt, her estranged mother is struggling for her living. Darlene Egelhoff, who was infamously rejected by Heidi after voicing her disapproval of her daughter's 10 cosmetic surgeries, recently admitted that she is currently working as a maid.
Darlene said during an interview with Inside Edition on Thursday, October 28 that she is now paying her bills by cleaning others' houses as a maid in her native Crested Butte, Colorado. On why she falls on hard times, Darlene said that a restaurant she and her husband Bill Montag owned for 21 years abruptly closed and becoming maid is the only job available.
During the chat, Darlene went on saying that some of her new employers recognize her from reality TV series "The Hills". Still, she doesn't find it embarrassing, sharing "That's very humbling for me and I very much appreciate that experience because I don't ever want to get full of myself and think I'm too good to do anything."
Asked about if she knows whether or not Heidi is aware of her condition, Darlene replied, "No I don't." Although Heidi has cut Darlene out of her life after confronting her with the 10 surgeries in a day, Darlene still hopes she could reconcile their mother-daughter relationship.
Darlene even said that she has started writing a blog called Metamorphosis of a Mother, hoping Heidi would read it and work things out between them. "I know she loves me, but she's very hurt by me and she's confused," she said. Darlene, however, still blames Spencer for turning her daughter against her.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says