Heidi Montag's Mom Reveals She Is Currently Working as Maid
While Heidi Montag enjoys a glamorous life with newly-reconciled hubby Spencer Pratt, her estranged mother is struggling for her living. Darlene Egelhoff, who was infamously rejected by Heidi after voicing her disapproval of her daughter's 10 cosmetic surgeries, recently admitted that she is currently working as a maid.
Darlene said during an interview with Inside Edition on Thursday, October 28 that she is now paying her bills by cleaning others' houses as a maid in her native Crested Butte, Colorado. On why she falls on hard times, Darlene said that a restaurant she and her husband Bill Montag owned for 21 years abruptly closed and becoming maid is the only job available.
During the chat, Darlene went on saying that some of her new employers recognize her from reality TV series "The Hills". Still, she doesn't find it embarrassing, sharing "That's very humbling for me and I very much appreciate that experience because I don't ever want to get full of myself and think I'm too good to do anything."
Asked about if she knows whether or not Heidi is aware of her condition, Darlene replied, "No I don't." Although Heidi has cut Darlene out of her life after confronting her with the 10 surgeries in a day, Darlene still hopes she could reconcile their mother-daughter relationship.
Darlene even said that she has started writing a blog called Metamorphosis of a Mother, hoping Heidi would read it and work things out between them. "I know she loves me, but she's very hurt by me and she's confused," she said. Darlene, however, still blames Spencer for turning her daughter against her.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March