Celine Dion Names Twins Eddy and Nelson, Allowed to Bring Them Home
Six days after giving birth to twin sons, Celine Dion has finally revealed her babies' names. A rep for Celine told People that the "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker and husband Rene Angelil, who are already parents to 9-year-old son Rene Charles Angelil, named their newly-born boys Eddy and Nelson.
The rep further revealed that Celine and Rene have reason behind the names. The name Eddy comes from Eddy Marnay, Celine's first five records producer. "He was like a father to her. Eddy is a major influence in both Celine and Rene's lives," the rep explained.
Meanwhile, Nelson is taken from President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999, Nelson Mandela, whom Celine met two years ago when she kicked off her world tour in the country. The rep shared, "Rene said that in just the few minutes they were able to spend with him, they were impressed by the human being he is."
Celine and Rene also hope their children will also be inspired by people behind their names. "Celine and Rene want their children to be inspired by their names, because they were so inspired by these men," the rep added.
Celine gave birth to Eddy and Nelson at St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Florida on October 23. According to Access Hollywood, the two babies have been released from the hospital and the singer was allowed to bring them home on Thursday, October 28.
More Celine Dion News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift