Title of Fourth 'Mission: Impossible' Film Has Supernatural Element
Tom Cruise has finally given away the official title of his fourth "Mission: Impossible" film. Though the name is quite different from the first three, it does not necessarily ditch the familiar moniker as it only omits the movie's number.
"One of the things I always wanted for the franchise was for it not to have a number afterwards," Cruise says at Doha Film Festival on Thursday, October 28. "I've never done sequels to films and I never thought of these films as sequels. Paramount has done a great job in coming up with a title, so it's not going to be MI2, 3, 4. It's going to be 'Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol'."
At the same occasion, the actor is also asked about the possibility of him reprising his role as Maverick in "Top Gun 2" which is being developed by Jerry Bruckheimer at Paramount Pictures with Tony Scott attached to direct. To this, he is apparently still not certain about his involvement as he states, "Those things are a long way off. It takes a long time to figure out stuff."
"Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" is filmed in Dubai, Prague and Canada with Brad Bird serving behind the lens. Jeremy Renner and Paula Patton join the film as new cast members. Paramount Pictures will drop the action thriller in theaters across the nation on December 16, 2011.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season