Title of Fourth 'Mission: Impossible' Film Has Supernatural Element
Tom Cruise has finally given away the official title of his fourth "Mission: Impossible" film. Though the name is quite different from the first three, it does not necessarily ditch the familiar moniker as it only omits the movie's number.
"One of the things I always wanted for the franchise was for it not to have a number afterwards," Cruise says at Doha Film Festival on Thursday, October 28. "I've never done sequels to films and I never thought of these films as sequels. Paramount has done a great job in coming up with a title, so it's not going to be MI2, 3, 4. It's going to be 'Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol'."
At the same occasion, the actor is also asked about the possibility of him reprising his role as Maverick in "Top Gun 2" which is being developed by Jerry Bruckheimer at Paramount Pictures with Tony Scott attached to direct. To this, he is apparently still not certain about his involvement as he states, "Those things are a long way off. It takes a long time to figure out stuff."
"Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" is filmed in Dubai, Prague and Canada with Brad Bird serving behind the lens. Jeremy Renner and Paula Patton join the film as new cast members. Paramount Pictures will drop the action thriller in theaters across the nation on December 16, 2011.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent