Title of Fourth 'Mission: Impossible' Film Has Supernatural Element
Tom Cruise has finally given away the official title of his fourth "Mission: Impossible" film. Though the name is quite different from the first three, it does not necessarily ditch the familiar moniker as it only omits the movie's number.
"One of the things I always wanted for the franchise was for it not to have a number afterwards," Cruise says at Doha Film Festival on Thursday, October 28. "I've never done sequels to films and I never thought of these films as sequels. Paramount has done a great job in coming up with a title, so it's not going to be MI2, 3, 4. It's going to be 'Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol'."
At the same occasion, the actor is also asked about the possibility of him reprising his role as Maverick in "Top Gun 2" which is being developed by Jerry Bruckheimer at Paramount Pictures with Tony Scott attached to direct. To this, he is apparently still not certain about his involvement as he states, "Those things are a long way off. It takes a long time to figure out stuff."
"Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" is filmed in Dubai, Prague and Canada with Brad Bird serving behind the lens. Jeremy Renner and Paula Patton join the film as new cast members. Paramount Pictures will drop the action thriller in theaters across the nation on December 16, 2011.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group