Mariah Carey Finally Confirms She Is Pregnant
After long-running speculation, Mariah Carey has finally confirmed that she is having a bun in the oven with husband Nick Cannon. On NBC's "Today" show as part of a sneak peek at a three-part interview with "Access Hollywood" 's Billy Bush, Mariah said, "Yes, we are pregnant. It is true."
"It's been a long journey, but it's been tough because I've been trying to have... to hold onto a shred of privacy. And that was not easy," Mariah further said during chat, which was conducted inside her and Nick's Manhattan home. "It's still early, I'm expecting in the spring, I'll say that. I don't want to give too much of like, specific outlines."
In the interview Part 1, which was aired on Thursday, October 28, Mariah and Nick shared about a miscarriage they experienced not quite two years ago. The couple explained that they were thrilled to tell their friends and family about her pregnancy at that time when they finally learned that she was no longer pregnant.
"It kind of shook us both and took us into a place that was really dark and difficult. When that happened... I wasn't able to even talk to anybody about it. That was not easy," Mariah told Billy. However, Nick added that the ordeal has definitely brought them closer together. "It strengthened our relationship so much... She handled it so well," the host of "America's Got Talent" revealed.
Now that they have confirmed that pregnancy, Mariah and Nick want to share the happiness with their family and friends. "The greatest gift on earth is a child. We've had names picked out from the first day we met and we want to stay true to that," Nick said.
Mariah first sparked speculation that she is expecting her first child after quitting Tyler Perry's movie "For Colored Girls" back in June because her doctor told her to. Mariah and Nick had since denied rumor about the pregnancy.
Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Confirm Pregnancy:
More Mariah Carey News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show