Katy Perry's 'Firework' Video Debuted, Dedicated to LGBT 'It Gets Better' Campaign
While other celebrities film viral videos to support 'It Gets Better', Katy Perry chooses to dedicate her newly-released music video for single "Firework" to the LGBT campaign against bullying. Shot in Budapest, it sees her urging fans to empower themselves and embrace their inner firework.
Beside inspiring fans with the empowering video, Katy Perry also launches an online contest. "Tell Katy Perry about the firework in your life. Is it you? Your Mom? Your teacher? A friend? Record a video about your firework. Tell Katy who it is and how they light up your life or someone else's," it was announced.
The contest begins on October 20 and ends on November 29. Winners will be determined on or about December 14 and will be notified on or about December 15. There will be weekly winners and a first runner-up beside the grand prize of having a meet-and-greet with Perry in London. Fans can visit her official website to obtain more info about the contest.
"Firework" is lifted from Katy Perry's 2010 summer album "Teenage Dream" and serves as the third single from the August 24 release. In support of the album, she is going on a California Dreams tour next year. In the meantime, she is preparing to perform at the 38th Annual American Music Awards on November 21. Fans can help her win awards by logging to ama.vote.com and voting for her in Artist of the Year, Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist, and Favorite Pop/Rock Album.
Katy Perry's "Firework" music video
More Katy Perry News
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21