Tom Cruise Could Sing With Taylor Swift in 'Rock of Ages'
After years of running, jumping and shooting, Tom Cruise could show his singing skill in his upcoming movie. He has been offered a supporting role in "Rock of Ages", Deadline Hollywood reports and his rep has confirmed it to Access Hollywood.
Cruise has not sealed the deal with New Line Cinema but words on the street are he may be seen as a bartender and get an opportunity to belt out a bunch of 80s hair band tunes. If he takes the job, the 48-year-old actor may star alongside Taylor Swift who has been linked to the lead role.
Swift allegedly will portray Sherrie Christian, a small town girl pursuing her dream in big city. The film, which is based on a Broadway play "Rock of Ages", will revolve around a young rocker hungry for his big break and Sherrie who both land on the LA rock scene just as a legendary Hollywood venue is facing its demise.
"Rock of Ages" has Adam Shankman on board to serve behind the lens with Chris D'Arienzo writing the screenplay. The drama musical is scheduled to start production in early 2011.
Tom Cruise is currently filming "Mission: Impossible IV" in which he reprises his role of Ethan Hunt. The actor, who was last seen in "Knight & Day", is lately rumored to return to "Top Gun 2" but director Tony Scott has not confirmed or denied it.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences