Tom Cruise Could Sing With Taylor Swift in 'Rock of Ages'
After years of running, jumping and shooting, Tom Cruise could show his singing skill in his upcoming movie. He has been offered a supporting role in "Rock of Ages", Deadline Hollywood reports and his rep has confirmed it to Access Hollywood.
Cruise has not sealed the deal with New Line Cinema but words on the street are he may be seen as a bartender and get an opportunity to belt out a bunch of 80s hair band tunes. If he takes the job, the 48-year-old actor may star alongside Taylor Swift who has been linked to the lead role.
Swift allegedly will portray Sherrie Christian, a small town girl pursuing her dream in big city. The film, which is based on a Broadway play "Rock of Ages", will revolve around a young rocker hungry for his big break and Sherrie who both land on the LA rock scene just as a legendary Hollywood venue is facing its demise.
"Rock of Ages" has Adam Shankman on board to serve behind the lens with Chris D'Arienzo writing the screenplay. The drama musical is scheduled to start production in early 2011.
Tom Cruise is currently filming "Mission: Impossible IV" in which he reprises his role of Ethan Hunt. The actor, who was last seen in "Knight & Day", is lately rumored to return to "Top Gun 2" but director Tony Scott has not confirmed or denied it.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'