'Eastbound and Down' and 'Bored to Death' Score Season 3
Two of HBO's comedies have received a new season order. "Eastbound & Down", which tells a story of relief pitcher-turns-gym-teacher Kenny Powers, and "Bored to Death", which follows a writer moonlighting as a private detective, would be back for season 3, HBO confirmed.
In its sophomore year, "Eastbound" debuted well with 1.7 million average which is 150% higher than the series premiere. Meanwhile, "Bored to Death" is less impressive with 1.1 million but it has been steady in rating throughout the weeks. In this manner, HBO has officially renewed all of its Sunday line-up. "Boardwalk Empire" has earlier been renewed for a second season.
"Bored to Death" actor Jason Schwartzman apparently has a confident in the show's sophomore year since the beginning. Back in August, he told Zap2It, "It's the time of my life. I honestly never want it to end. HBO is so cool. The cast is so cool. We all love it, and we just want another one."
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016