J.J. Abrams' 'Super 8' Gets Release Date, 'Step Up 4' Planned for 2012
"Super 8" has got its deadline. Paramount Pictures has announced that the movie is set to hit U.S. theaters on June 20, 2011. Thus, the sci-fi pic from J.J. Abrams will be up against Universal Pictures' "Fast Five" which secures the same slot.
Another studio, Summit Entertainment, meanwhile announces their plan to make another "Step Up" film in 3-D. According to Coming Soon, the studio places an ad in Variety to let people be aware of "Step Up 4Ever" which is plotted to come out sometime in 2012.
"Super 8" will revolve around three siblings who discover footage of an alien in some Super 8 footage they shot. J.J. Abrams directs it and writes the script, while Kyle Chandler and Elle Fanning are cast for main roles.
As for "Step Up 4Ever", it will be the follow-up to "Step Up 3-D" which was released in August this year. As of press time, the third installment of the dance film franchise has raked in $151 million worldwide with a budget of $30 million.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video