J.J. Abrams' 'Super 8' Gets Release Date, 'Step Up 4' Planned for 2012
"Super 8" has got its deadline. Paramount Pictures has announced that the movie is set to hit U.S. theaters on June 20, 2011. Thus, the sci-fi pic from J.J. Abrams will be up against Universal Pictures' "Fast Five" which secures the same slot.
Another studio, Summit Entertainment, meanwhile announces their plan to make another "Step Up" film in 3-D. According to Coming Soon, the studio places an ad in Variety to let people be aware of "Step Up 4Ever" which is plotted to come out sometime in 2012.
"Super 8" will revolve around three siblings who discover footage of an alien in some Super 8 footage they shot. J.J. Abrams directs it and writes the script, while Kyle Chandler and Elle Fanning are cast for main roles.
As for "Step Up 4Ever", it will be the follow-up to "Step Up 3-D" which was released in August this year. As of press time, the third installment of the dance film franchise has raked in $151 million worldwide with a budget of $30 million.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!