J.J. Abrams' 'Super 8' Gets Release Date, 'Step Up 4' Planned for 2012
"Super 8" has got its deadline. Paramount Pictures has announced that the movie is set to hit U.S. theaters on June 20, 2011. Thus, the sci-fi pic from J.J. Abrams will be up against Universal Pictures' "Fast Five" which secures the same slot.
Another studio, Summit Entertainment, meanwhile announces their plan to make another "Step Up" film in 3-D. According to Coming Soon, the studio places an ad in Variety to let people be aware of "Step Up 4Ever" which is plotted to come out sometime in 2012.
"Super 8" will revolve around three siblings who discover footage of an alien in some Super 8 footage they shot. J.J. Abrams directs it and writes the script, while Kyle Chandler and Elle Fanning are cast for main roles.
As for "Step Up 4Ever", it will be the follow-up to "Step Up 3-D" which was released in August this year. As of press time, the third installment of the dance film franchise has raked in $151 million worldwide with a budget of $30 million.
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video