Sugarland Win Race to No. 1 on Hot 200 Against Kings of Leon
Sugarland beat Kings of Leon on the race to the top of Billboard Hot 200. The country music singer rule the U.S. albums chart with their latest studio project "The Incredible Machine" which starts with 203,000 copies sold. This is the second time they reign the list following the success of previous chart topper "Love on the Inside".
Kings of Leon have to be satisfied enough to debut at No. 2. The alternative rock act sit at the runner-up position with "Come Around Sundown" which pulls in around 184,000 units in its first week on sale. It becomes their highest charting album and best sales week, surpassing its predecessor "Only by the Night" which could only peak at No. 4.
The next spot is also secured by a new entry "The Union", which is a collaboration project between old friends Elton John and Leon Russell. The album rounds up the Top 3 with 80,000. Rod Stewart follows just behind them at No. 4 as his "Fly Me to the Moon...The Great American Songbook Volume V" bows 79,000 copies.
Lil Wayne drops four spots to No. 5 after last week making a huge jump to No. 1 with "I'm Not a Human Being". "Glee: The Music, The Rocky Horror Glee Show" compilation arrives at No. 6, Shakira's "Sale El Sol" lands at No. 7, and Eminem's "Recovery" falls to No. 8.
Christian act Third Day seemingly get the advantage of Christmas spirit which has already kicked in as their album "Move" takes the ninth place. Darius Rucker has to give up his last week's runner-up position as his "Charleston, SC 1966" suffers 63% down in its sale number.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "The Incredible Machine" - Sugarland (203,000)
- "Come Around Sundown" - Kings of Leon (184,000)
- "The Union" - Elton John and Leon Russell (80,000)
- "Fly Me to the Moon...The Great American Songbook Volume V" - Rod Stewart (79,000)
- "I'm Not a Human Being" - Lil Wayne (65,000)
- "Glee: The Music, The Rocky Horror Glee Show" - various artists (48,000)
- "Sale El Sol" - Shakira (46,000)
- "Recovery" - Eminem (43,000)
- "Move" - Third Day (37,000)
- "Charleston, SC 1966" - Darius Rucker (37,000)
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked